The Transgressions of a Few

Jungkook covered the distance to the pack grounds with lightning speed, racing through the snow. As he finally stood on the werewolf side of the river, he could see the rest of the pack still enjoying what was left of the moonlight.

Hoseok, having noticed Jungkook's return, came up to stand beside him. "Did you find her?"

Jungkook growled slowly, his claws digging into the ground. "I did. But not before she attacked and bit a human."

A soft sigh escaped Hoseok. "Two rules broken."

"She must be punished, Hyung," said Jungkook, his golden eyes flashing.

"She will. And then she will be ostracized from the pack."

Jungkook felt a twinge of relief. Just knowing that she-wolf wouldn't be around to bother him anymore made him feel ten times lighter in his heart

"Who was the human? Did you know them?"

"That's where this will get a bit dicey. The human is a friend of Sunny and Taehyung."

Hoseok dropped back on his haunches, his breath making a large cloud of white vapor. "Of all the people this girl had to anger..."

"I know. They are caring for the wounded human right now."

"How bad is it?"

"It's a fairly deep bite. She was losing a lot of blood." Jungkook felt a trembling anger wash over him.

"As soon as we find Yun Hee we will convene a pack meeting. It's a shame. Her mother was just starting to settle in." Hoseok turned and walked back towards the pack.

Jungkook couldn't go back and pretend to be fine. At least not yet. Yun Hee had not returned, and though he didn't quite care if she came back at all, he didn't need her antagonizing the vampires and starting a war.

He paced up and down the riverbank, watching for her and also debating with himself on whether he should go back and look for her himself.

***

The night was nearly over when a frantic splashing was heard from the river.

The rest of the pack had headed back towards camp, preparing for a little bit of sleep before dawn came, leaving Jungkook still waiting by the river.

He quickly rose to his feet and his eyes zeroed in on the sound of water splashing.

In the waning light of the full moon, Jungkook saw one of the scariest sights he had seen in a long time.

Sunny was stomping across a shallow place in the river, a large wolf draped across her shoulders. Her expression was darker than Jungkook had ever seen it, and he rushed over to meet her.

"Is this beast one of yours?" Her voice was low and gravelly, her breaths rapid and heaving, not from exertion but from her anger.

"Yes, " said Jungkook.

"I want to speak to your Alpha, " Sunny growled. She was now standing on the bank but made no move to drop Yun Hee from off her shoulders.

"Sunny, the whole pack has gone back to the camp. I don't think it's wise for an angry vampire to go stomping into our home. Especially not tonight."

"Listen, Jungkook, I want to see your Alpha and I want to see him now. You will take me to him."

Jungkook had no choice but to obey. Sunny's ability to compel was too strong to resist.

With a small snarl, he turned and walked towards the camp with a very angry Sunny in tow.

***