Whom Can One Trust?

Jungkook laid on the floor of the cabin, ears alert, eyes following every move Jaci made.

"Why is he staring at me like that?" Jaci whispered to Sunny as they sat at the table.

"I can hear you," said Jungkook flatly.

Sunny rolled her eyes. "Jungkook, go shift and get dressed. Stop being petty."

"He's fine," murmured Taehyung from his rocking chair. His glasses were perched on the end of his nose as he read a first printing copy of "Pride and Prejudice".

"Tae..."

"No, Sunny, it's okay, really. He doesn't trust me and I don't blame him." Jaci slid her eyes over to Jungkook, and then dropped her gaze to the table.

Jungkook watched her. She was right. He didn't trust her. He didn't even know her. And from everything he had heard so far, Sunny and Taehyung didn't truly know her either.

"To be honest, I don't know how you can welcome me so easily. But I'm glad you have. I am so amazed that I am sitting in a room with three supernatural beings. I feel so in awe."

"Please say you feel afraid," murmured Taehyung.

"Not as much as I probably should."

Jungkook huffed.

"Really, guys, why are you acting like this? It's like you're trying to scare her away!" Sunny quickly rose up from her seat. She was clearly upset and Taehyung closed his book.

"Let's go for a walk." He walked over and took her hand.

"I'm irritated with you," she said quietly.

"I know. Let's go outside and discuss." Taehyung continued to tug her towards the door.

"I can't leave them here alone!"

"I'll be fine!" smiled Jaci. She only half believed her own words.

Jungkook sighed and laid his head on his front paws.

"They'll be fine, Sunny. Jungkook, no hurting the guest." Taehyung left the stern warning behind him as he escorted Sunny outside.

Once out into the chilly air, Sunny breathed in deeply and let her nerves calm down.

"Listen-"

"Wait, Sunny. Before you jump all over me, just hear me out. I don't necessarily trust her, but I'm giving her a chance for your sake. Jungkook doesn't even know her. He really doesn't trust her and has no reason to. Let's give them some time to get to know each other a little."

"Is that why you were provoking me?" Sunny shoved her hands into her jacket pockets and frowned at her husband.

He smirked and shrugged. "Maybe?"

"I can't even understand you sometimes," she scoffed, hitting his shoulder lightly.

"C'mon. Let's take a walk. I need to do a survey of my territory."

"You mean our territory?" said Sunny coyly as she cuddled closer to his arm.

"Sure, sure. Whatever you say."

Their giggles echoed off the trees as they walked off through the snow.

***

Jaci looked at the black wolf, only partially terrified of him at this point. She stood slowly from her chair and carefully edged her way over towards him. Sitting down on the floor, several feet away, she crossed her legs and folded her hands in her lap.