And It Ends in a Reckoning

Hoseok ran as fast as he could while pumping the air full of what he hoped was toxic smoke. Jimin trailed after him, using the bellows as needed.

The smoke did work, several Hunters dropping to the ground gagging and coughing up blood. It wasn't the instant death Hoseok hoped for, but it was slowing the enemy down. However, Hunters began to surround Hoseok and Jimin, and they quickly became separated.

Hoseok kept puffing smoke into the faces of his attackers, all the while scanning around him for Jimin. Off in the distance, his brother had resorted to using his bare hands to fight.

This was going to end badly for them both and Hoseok felt a wave of panic wash over him. He was shoved to the ground with a sickening thud that knocked the air out of him. Blinking away the stars he saw, he found himself face to face with a Hunter who had nothing but immediate decimation on his mind.

Just as the Hunter's knife swung up, he was knocked off of Hoseok by a large white wolf. Hoseok glanced around, surprised to hear a cacophony of howls coming from the wooded areas on the edge of the estate.

"Kill them all!" growled the white wolf. Dozens of other wolves emerged onto the battlefield at his command.

Hoseok scrambled to his feet, rushing over to where Jimin was scarcely holding his own. "Back off of my brother!"

Jimin glanced at Hoseok, just before he landed a throat ripping punch to the Hunter who had him in his grips. Hoseok ripped the other Hunters away, doing as much damage as he could in the process.

As soon as the Hunters hit the ground, wolves descended on them, tearing them to shreds.

Hoseok grabbed Jimin's shoulders and looked him over quickly.  "Are you alright?"

"Nothing that won't heal."

"Good. Let's go."

Wasting no more time, Hoseok and Jimin raced towards the castle door, still under siege. Several wolves followed and helped tear through the crowded entrance.

Once inside, they found such carnage, they weren't sure if the dead were friends or foe at first. Shots and screams were echoing off the stone walls, and blood thickened the air with its stench.

"Hoseok! Jimin! Protect Jaci!" Jungkook's elevated growl caught their attention and immediately they scaled the staircase.

Jaci was in a trance, unloading bullet after bullet into the heads of anyone she did not recognize.  Her aim was nearly impeccable and Jimin and Hoseok were glad she didn't hit them on their way in.

Aydan sat against the wall, sweating and gasping for air. Jimin rushed to do what he could to help, while Hoseok stayed behind Jaci, scanning for possible attacks.

"I do not require assistance," came a raspy voice.

Hoseok glanced at Jaci, surprised to hear a wolf's voice coming from the woman. "Jungkook told us to."

"Get down there and help them. As your Luna, I command you to help your Alpha." Only when she turned her head to look Hoseok straight in the eye, did he realize that a full shift had taken place.

Lowering his eyes, he nodded. "As you command."

He had no choice but to dash down the stairs and into the fray of insanity. Shifting as he ran, he pummeled straight into an already wounded Hunter, finishing him off before his body even hit the floor.

After killing his two attackers, Zephyr paused and he looked out towards the door. "The rest of the pack has come!" he shouted to the others. "We have reinforcements!"