Wounds Can Be Healed By Truth

Sunny sat up in bed and stretched her arms up over her head. Taehyung was sleeping, finally. She smiled down at him, pushing some of the hair out of his face.

"Why can't we just be peaceful and happy?" she murmured. She leaned back against the headboard and carded her fingers through his hair. He groaned and snuggled up closer to her, slipping his arm over her lap.

"Because it's no fun to live like that," Taehyung mumbled against her hip.

Sunny grinned at his raspy voice. "Says the man who wanted to live like a reclusive hermit for the rest of his eternal existence."

"People change." Taehyung tightened his arm over her legs and lifted his head to lay on her lap.

"I suppose they do. But I still love you, even if you do like to jump into trouble with both feet."

"It's either jump in or follow you into it. My life was peaceful before you came along, you know."

Sunny pretended to be offended and grabbed a lock of hair, tugging it sharply but not too hard.

"Ouch," mumbled Taehyung flatly. His eyes had yet to open, and his voice was still husky from sleep.

"I brought nothing but joy and happiness to your life."

"I won't argue with you on that, but I will argue if you tell me it's time to get up. I want to hold you a bit more."

Sunny giggled. "I think I'm the one holding you."

"Semantics."

"I'm not sure if you heard it, but I noticed some less than happy sounds coming from downstairs."

Taehyung's eyes popped open, and he scowled. "How could I not hear it? Stupid werewolves."

"Hey, a couple of those stupid werewolves are our dearest friends."

"Excluding them, then. I think you and I should go home and let them all fight it out. I think we've had enough drama these last few days to fill a few more centuries."

Sunny shook her head and laughed. "I agree. But I don't feel sure about leaving Jungkook and Jaci here on their own with Zephyr. He remains a mystery, but I can see he's volatile and unpredictable. It gives me pause about leaving."

Taehyung slowly sat up and moved to sit beside his wife. "I really think we need to adopt a child, raise them to about eighteen, then turn them. That way, you can focus on our child rather than pouring all this motherly instinct out on a nearly two-hundred-year-old werewolf."

Sunny stared at the side of her husband's head and let out a sigh of disappointment. "I can't help it. He doesn't have anyone else to look out for him."

Taehyung turned and stared her dead in the eyes. "Then what is Jaci? Chopped liver?"

"No! But she's just entering this world. I worry for them both."

Taehyung sighed and shook his head. "Adoption. It's a real thing, you know."

Sunny shoved his shoulder. "And you! Adopting and then turning the poor child? What's wrong with you? You're more broken than I thought. You deceived me."

Taehyung snickered and tried to cover up his giggles. But Sunny wasn't having it. Feeling her strength returning, she reached over and shoved him clean off the bed. He hit the floor with a resounding thud and stared up at her in disbelief.

"That's what you get," she said with a considerable amount of snark to her tone.

"Oh yeah? Well, guess what you're going to get," he said, a mischievous smirk creeping across his face.