Overwhelm

Jaci's eyes slowly opened, finding herself looking up through the gray light of the room at the rustic ceiling above. For a moment, she forgot where and who she was.

An involuntary groan eased out of her mouth when she moved her head, and her hand instinctively laid across the wound on her neck. It ached, but it wasn't like the bite she had suffered before. This one was different.

"It won't hurt for long."

Jaci's eyes slid over to her husband, lying on his side and watching her. The bond between them had now been solidified, and it had intensified everything she had experienced in moderation before. Jungkook's voice was more apparent in her head, and she more deeply felt what he felt. It was nearly overwhelming at first, but through gentle guidance, Jungkook was helping her learn to manage it all better.

"Nothing like waking up to some man staring at you," she teased.

Jungkook smirked, pushing a few stray hairs away from her face. "Get used to it. You're beautiful when you're asleep."

Jaci's eyes widened, and she pretended to be insulted. "Are you insinuating that I'm hideous when I'm awake?"

Jungkook's right eyebrow went up, and his eyes sparkled. "No, you're mind-blowing gorgeous when you're awake."

Jaci grinned and moved closer to snuggle into his side. A single ray of sunlight began trickling through the gap in the curtains in the front door. Jaci sighed and rested her ear against Jungkook's chest. She smiled to herself as she noticed their heartbeats were in perfect sync.

Jungkook leaned his face down and pressed a kiss to the top of her head. "I'm discovering little things too," he whispered.

"Like what?"

A chuckle shook his chest, and he pulled in a deep breath.

"Like you're currently starving."

Jaci felt her cheeks warm, and she found herself lowering her head so Jungkook wouldn't see them.

He laughed. "I'm joking. Your stomach was growling about half an hour ago, and I happened to be awake."

Jaci clicked her tongue and gently smacked his chest. "I wonder if there's anything here for us to eat."

Jungkook raised his arms over his head and groaned and stretched. "If not, we will just go find something," he finished with a grin.

Jaci frowned a bit but shrugged and rolled over. She needed a few more minutes before she attempted to get out of bed. The morning was not her favorite time.

Jungkook's arm slid over her middle, and she smiled as he snuggled up behind her. He pulled his hand away from her stomach to brush her hair back from her neck. She felt his eyes staring into the wound.

"It doesn't hurt much," she murmured.

"We'll get into some of Luna's medicines when we get back to the pack," he said, leaning down to kiss the bite mark gently.

"When do we need to go back?"

Jaci felt a twinge of disappointment when he mentioned returning to the pack. She felt like their time together had only just begun, and she wanted Jungkook all to herself for just a little longer.

Another kiss was laid behind her ear.

"Don't worry; I'm all yours for as long as you want."

Jaci smiled shyly. He had heard her troubled thoughts.

"Yes, I can hear them. What do I need to do to get that mind of yours to quiet down?" He placed another gentle kiss on the nape of her neck, slowly working his way across to her shoulder.