Getting to Know You

The chains of the porch swing cracked and squeaked with each move Yun Hee made towards Jungkook.

Jungkook was frozen. He had never been this close to a she-wolf before, and definitely not one who was so pushy and forward. Before he knew it, she had herself parked right on his lap, hands laid on his shoulders, and chest in his face.

To Jungkook this was unacceptable, but his heated body ignored his logical mind's protests.

Yun Hee's eyes were sultry and alluring, drawing Jungkook in like a moth to a flame. She was warm, soft, and making all of the right moves at the right moment.

But Jungkook was forgetting his inner wolf, and his inner wolf finally spoke up about how unhappy he was with his human's inability to reject such an unworthy female.

She is not the one!

She is not our mate!

The voice echoed into Jungkook's muddled mind and he found himself blinking, shaking off the effects of Yun Hee's advance like a duck shaking off water.

In the blink of an eye, Yun Hee found herself dumped right onto the porch floor, her own eyes now blinking in disbelief.

"Jungkook! What on earth?!" She scrambled to her feet, flustered, and embarrassed.

Jungkook, now fully in control once more, apologized profusely, even holding out a hand to help her up, but it was slapped away.

"You will come to regret that," she snarled, angrily pushing past him as she headed back into the house.

Jungkook let out a heavy breath and combed his hand back through his hair. With his hands on his hips, he stood still, reflecting on what had just happened. Had he really just shoved a girl off his lap? When did he become so rude? Surely, he could have gotten to the same result in a much gentler way.

Perhaps it had been the influence of his wolf that had prompted him to be so rough with her. It had seemed rather angry.

Jungkook sighed. He hadn't heard from his wolf in a very long time. There had been no need for it to speak up or even influence Jungkook's actions in any way. Somehow, Yun Hee's behavior must have angered it to the extreme. There would be time to think about that later.

Right now he had to go back into the house and say good night, though it was the last thing he wanted to do. Hoseok and Ga-Eun deserved that much respect, and their guests did as well.

He walked back into the house to be met with a puzzled look from Hoseok and Ga-Eun and an angry one from Yun Hee. Her mother seemed agitated but was the only one still sporting a smile.

"Jungkook, mind to explain what happened out there?" Hoseok kept his tone neutral and impartial, befitting his title of Alpha.

"He led me on and then shoved me into the floor! I already told you that!"

"Yun Hee, hush right now! You cannot speak to the Alpha that way." Miyoung gave her daughter a withering stare.

"Jungkook?" asked Ga-Eun this time.

Jungkook's jaw was flexing in irritation. "She crawled onto my lap, and my wolf rejected her. I apologize again, Yun Hee, for shoving you onto the floor."

All eyes now turned to Yun Hee, whose entire face was flaming red. Her arms crossed tightly over her torso and her mouth was in a tight line.

"Yun Hee, you promised to stop trying to seduce men. You promised to wait for your fated mate," said Miyoung, her tone mournful and her face clearly showing disappointment she had in her daughter.