Chapter Five- No Brother To Me

tw- mentions of abuse

☆゜・。。・゜゜・。。・゜★

Talitha didn't want to go back to the library to study the following evening.

She didn't want to bump into Sirius and his idiotic friends.

She chose instead to go to the Astronomy tower.

Astronomy was always a strong subject in the Black family. Everyone was named after a star.

That was one of the few things she admired about her family. The names would always mean something so special.

Talitha walks up the to the astronomy tower, admiring the darkness of the night sky, she stood there staring at the twinkles of the stars.

A voice interrupts her from her thoughts.

'My dear sister what brings you here.'

She looks at who says this and disgust crosses her face.

The sight of Sirius, makes her body harden with anger.

'Don't call me your sister. Don't talk to me at all actually. In fact don't look at me ever again!' She spat out, turning away to go back down the stairs.

'Why must you be so harsh to me? All I want is the best for you.' Sirius asks.

He's sat down on the floor leaning on the wall, with a cigarette packet by his feet.

'You mean no such thing. How dare you speak those words to me. How dare you! I heard what you said to your precious boyfriend.' She turns back around her eyes burning into his eyes.
Her face harsh as she shouts out her words.

'What? When?' Sirius stands up slowly, stepping towards his sister.

'Don't play coy with me. You said that the only thing you regret when you left home is that you left Regulus behind. You wish you could have saved him. So don't call me your sister when you treated me with no such regard. You would have left me to rot, alone.' Her voice becomes harsher with each word, as her anger burns.

'I did say that yes...but only because...because you are their daughter. The only beloved daughter! You would have been fine, you are fine. Nothing ever happens to you. But Regulus, he is doomed. The responsibility of the oldest son passed on to him.' Sirius replies, shocked that his sister had heard what he said.

'You regret not taking him. Not me. It doesn't matter if he is 'doomed'. You still left me. And worse, you don't regret leaving me.' Her voice still coated in anger though slightly under the anger there is sadness, which can be seen through her hazel eyes.

'Because you would have been fine! They'd never hurt you. You are everything they could have wanted and more. Reg and I suffered.' Sirius shot back.