Chapter Sixteen- Cold Hearts

tw- abuse

Regulus and Talitha bundled along with their friends in a carriage as they travel back home

Regulus had said his goodbye to Sirius Black privately the day before.

Talitha hadn't spoken to Sirius since the party, she hadn't spoken to any of the marauders since the party.

Not that she wanted to, she chose to not speak to them.

Regulus has a brave face on, but deep down he felt himself drowning. He knew what would happen over the holidays and dreaded what's to come.

Talitha could sense her brothers terror, rubbing his shoulder as they sat next to one another. She wanted to do more, but there was nothing to do. She'd just have to be brave for her brother.

☆゜・。。・゜゜・。。・゜★

Talitha liked being back at home, she had to change most things about her to survive there.

But still, she liked it.

After those nights in France, where it felt like a never ending nightmare, home seemed like a dream.

Talitha liked that at home she could transform herself completely and become a whole new lady. It felt as though she was some bizarre actress trying out a new role.

By the age of 12 Talitha Black had figured how to play her family.

She knew what made them mad and what made them happy. And having an obedient daughter who dressed appropriately was the exact way to win their affection.

Talitha loved getting her parents affection. It was something she yearned for, her parents approval.

The one thing she dreaded most about going home was that she'd have to see Charles Aldridge.

Charles Aldridge was the name that kept her up at night.

He's the reason she couldn't live a normal life. The reason why she'd never be able join in with that feeling of giddiness her friends could have.

Talitha Black had been promised to Charles Aldridge since she was fifteen.

She's to marry him when she finishes her studies. Only her parents knew of their engagement. It was to be kept a secret until the wedding. Talitha was always thankful for this, she never wanted anyone to find out. She knew they'd pity her and Talitha hates when someone pities on her.

As she's promised to Charles Aldridge, she cannot have any other relations. She has to remain pure, for him.

Charles Aldridge is an older man, who works at the ministry and has been friends with Talitha's father for years.

Talitha found that appearance wise, there wasn't anything unpleasant about Charles Aldridge apart from the fact he's years older than Talitha.

In fact he looked quite nice for an older gentleman, always smelt nice, and always very pleasant. But still Talitha despised him.