Chapter Twenty-Two- March Third

Talitha barely slept, Regulus's words playing in her mind, tormenting her

A war is coming.
A war is coming.
A war is coming.

A war.

The thought of a war coming should be the reason as to why she should stay away from James. But if anything it persuades her to be with him. Her future is already planned for her, forced to be married. So If a war is coming and she is forced to fight, then she should indulge in what makes her happy now. James is someone she tolerates, more than tolerates. So why would she stay away.

Because the thought of him being hurt pains her more than she wishes. Imagining his soft green eyes sad makes her heart almost fall out. She can't do that to him, he isn't strong like her. This sort of pain would torture him and hasn't he suffered enough in matters with the heart?

Instead of indulging in James she'll find happiness elsewhere. Like with her friends, she'll just have to win them over, Seeing as she's ignored them since Christmas, and it's nearing March now.

So that's exactly what she does, decides to push her pride aside and win back her friends.

Talitha finds her group of friends huddled together on the sofas in the common room.

Lucius and Rodolphus next to another, with Genevieve, Ismene and Evan opposite them. They are all whispering seriously about something, as Talitha approaches them.

She clears her throat causing them to look up at her.

Before she has a chance to speak Ismene looks up at her with quirking her brow and smirking. "Well if it isn't Talitha Black. Miss us?"

Talitha goes to speak but is interrupted by Rodolphus, who also has a smirk on his lips. "Come on Talitha tell us. Don't be so shy. Oh what's that saying again? Cat got your tongue?"

"Oh like a cat could ever got hold of her! Talitha always has the final say isn't that right?" Genevieve says with a smirk soon following on her lips.

Talitha unsure of what to make of them, their tone feels mocking. She knew they'd be bitchy but the fact they aren't letting her speak is annoying her. She always get a say.

"You are all being too cynical." Lucius quirks. "It's obvious she's missed her daddy, she just doesn't know how to say it."

The group all burst into laughter at Lucius, whilst he stays with his chin held up and a smug smirk on his face.

Talitha tries not to show that she's laughing at his ridiculous comment by biting her lip.

"I see a smile!" Evan taunts pointing at Talitha. "It seems the ice queen is no longer she is finally ready to join us again!"

Talitha smirks at him as she looks around she notices that they are all smiling at her.

"Well are you going to sit down or not?" Genevieve demands.