Chapter Seventeen- She's Gone Mad

(sorry this another long ass chapter but it will be worth it!)

Since returning to Hogwarts after Christmas break, Talitha Black had changed drastically

Her smirk has been replaced with an expression of coldness.

The only hint of an expression anyone would get is when she would laugh.

But it wasn't a pleasant laugh.

It felt more like a shriek.

A tangled shriek that would hurt as it pierced through Hogwarts.

It would be a rare sight to see Talitha Black, yet everyone would always hear her painful laughter.

Her friends gave up trying to talk to her, they grew tired of her shrills of laughter.

Even Regulus grew sick of her. His heart too cold to deal with her cackles. She had promised to stay by his side, yet vanished the minute he needed her more than ever.

Talitha isolated herself and soon gave up on going to class.

She would instead sit in the Slytherin common room on her own. Staring blankly at the wall, and often letting out that painful cackle.

She's gone mad is what everyone would whisper.

So many were already so afraid of her, but now they were terrified. Who knew what she would do.

Sirius had tried to speak to his sister, but no one would allow him into the Slytherin common room.

His own brother had changed as well, he tried to get through to Regulus but it never worked.

Sirius Black wanted to help, but he also gave up, there was only so much he could do.

☆゜・。。・゜゜・。。・゜★

Talitha Black is called into Dumbledore's office. After missing so many classes, he began to worry, so arranged for her to see him in his office.

'Miss Talitha please sit down.' Dumbledore says, pointing to the chair opposite his desk.

Talitha paces in, her face long and pale. Her body frail and weak.

There's no life to her, Dumbledore thought as she sat down on the chair.

'I see you have been missing classes. Your professors are worried, they say they haven't seen you in class for weeks Miss Talitha.' Dumbledore states.

At first Talitha does nothing, then she shrugs her shoulders.

'Can I ask why?' Dumbledore says, looking at the frail girl.

Talitha again shrugs her shoulders then speaks. 'We both know missing a few classes won't matter. I know everything already.'