Chapter Twenty-Five- You Are My Escape

James and Talitha are sitting in his bed, staring at the ceiling. They both know a conversation is to be had, but they don't know how to approach the subject.

Eventually, Talitha breaks the silence, "est-ce la seule fois où tu te tais ?"

James looks at her, "huh?"

"I said, is this the only time you are silent?" Talitha sighs out.

"Very funny." James quirks.

A silence falls over them again.

Talitha sits up, resting against the headboard as she talks. "I didn't like it when you weren't talking to me. I couldn't bare if you hated me again. I know we won't see eye to eye on the way of this world, but I can't have you hate me. I've trusted you with so much, and if someone else were to break that, I don't think I'd be able to feel ever again."

James listens to her, his heart beating fast at the fact that he'd made her think he hated her. He never wanted her to feel like that, no matter what.

"Talitha, I promise I won't do that. The next time we do something to annoy the other, we should just talk about it. I promise I won't sulk like a child. I'll talk to you." James replies. He reaches for her hand, drawing circles on her thumb.

"I like that. Communication is of value." Talitha says, "how did we even get here?"

"From sworn enemies to this."

"Whatever this is." Talitha sighs out.

"We can't let family views and the talk of the war get in the way of this. I need you, Talitha. You are my escape." James whispers.

And just like that the fell into a comfortable silence, the warmth of their bodies easing them as they feel into a peaceful sleep.