Chapter Twenty- An Odd Sight

Talitha Black hasn't properly spoken to someone other than James Potter for weeks now

She's been avoiding Dumbledore and his kind words.

She hasn't spoken to her friends since they ditched her.

She hasn't spoken to her supposed brothers since their arguments.

Talitha Black keeps to herself.

The only person she truly speaks to is James Potter.

Talitha hates herself for speaking to him about so much.

But she can't help it.

Somewhere along the way she found herself falling for his golden charm.

Talitha hasn't spoken to Sirius Black since that night at the Mirror of Erised.

The same night Regulus Black stopped talking to her.

Talitha doesn't speak to her brothers, too unsure about how to approach them. She always finds herself glancing at them, curious as to how they are.

Sirius always seems to be chatting or laughing with the marauders. Remus constantly by his side. Talitha catches the glances Sirius and Remus sneak between one another.

Talitha hasn't spoken to Remus since the Christmas party and she knows that whatever weird bond they had is ruined.

She misses that.

She misses him and his half smiles.

Remus and her were one of the same and now she'll never be able to talk with him again.

There's no way Remus would talk to her after what she said to Sirius.

☆゜・。。・゜゜・。。・゜★

Regulus Black in comparison to Sirius Black looks like death.

Each day, Talitha found that he has been getting paler, weaker, fragile.

She notices that he's been trembling and has been terribly clumsy. His usual grace diminished.

Talitha fearing that one day his frail body would just collapse.

Which is exactly what happens to Regulus Black today.

Talitha had been eating her breakfast when she notices Regulus walking in. She saw as he caught his foot on the uneven floor in the great hall. Regulus fell forward, his bones crushing as smacks onto the hard floor. His body didn't save him as he hit the ground.

Regulus was immediately rushed to the nurse. Talitha running behind him so that she could be by his side.

Regulus woke up after 20 minutes a look of confusion on his face as he takes in the fact that he's in a hospital bed. His face still pale and hands still trembling, his cold eyes eventually look up and fall onto Talitha.

Talitha has a hesitant smile on her face as Regulus looks at her.

For a split second she thought she saw him smile but that thought is instantly crushed when Regulus insults her.

He looks void.

Void of emotion.

Void of life.

Talitha's heart breaks at the sight of him.

'Get out of here immediately. You are a disgusting liar who I despise. I never want to see your face again.'

Talitha's lip quivers her breathing fast as she tries to stop tears from crashing out. 'But I'm your sis-'

'You are nothing.' Regulus interrupts bitterly. He then faces away from her.

As he faces away he tries to stop his tears from falling. The pain from collapsing crushing him immensely he felt as though he would die. And now the pain on his sisters face crushing him further. He can't stop the cruelty falling from his lips.

Separating himself from her, is the only way for her to not be apart of the Dark Lord's plans.

Talitha gets up, rushing out into the hall. She runs down the hall only to crash into another body, sending her flying to the floor.

Talitha looks up to see that it's James Potter who crashed into her.

'Talitha!' James exclaims putting his hand out to help her up.

Talitha shoos his hand away, getting up on her own she then stalks past James.

As she goes past, James notices the tears forming in her eyes.

He jogs up to her taking her hand and then pulling her outside.

Talitha allows him to take her outside, following him until they stop on the field.

It's February so the grass isn't as green but at least it isn't covered in ice.

'Talitha there's clearly something wrong, so I refuse to let you go to class. You are in no fit state to learn. And as head boy I shall allow it.' James says, taking his robe off and then sitting on it.

Talitha laughs at him. 'You are truly mad! You can't tell me what to do Potter!'

James looks up at her smiling. 'Oh so you'd rather go to class would you?'

Talitha shakes her head at him still laughing. 'I'd rather not be out here with you.'

James makes a sad face pushing his bottom lip out. 'You wound me Talitha!'

Talitha smirks at him. 'Good!' She then joins James on his robe sitting close to him.

'What now?' She asks.

'This is the only place we won't get caught. I know you are upset about something but I won't press on it unless you want to tell me.'

Talitha let's out a sigh avoiding his gaze. Her eyes concentrate on the cut grass as she speaks. 'It's just Regulus. He's become void and I hate it. I just don't want to think about it.'

'Okay then let me distract you!' James say pulling Talitha into his arms.

They stay like for the rest of the day, neither minding the winter chill as they laugh and talk.

☆゜・。。・゜゜・。。・゜★

An odd sight is hard to come across in the wizarding world. As this is a world where pigs can literally fly.

So it would take a lot for something to be an odd sight.

Yet Remus Lupin found himself looking at a the oddest sight of them all.

Sirius Black's sister laughing with James Potter under the tree on the green.

This isn't even the strangest bit, it gets even odder, because if you look closer and tilt your head slightly you can see that their hands are intertwined.

An odd sight indeed. Remus thought to himself as he gawked out the window.

He wasn't sure what to make of this, in fact he thought he was dreaming. But after rubbing his eyes multiple times the sight before him was still the same.

Just like Remus Lupin, Regulus Black had also seen the odd sight of Talitha Black and James Potter being close with one another.

Regulus had been told to go somewhere quiet. He didn't want to go to his dorm, he wanted to be alone. So he chose to go the opposite end of the school which faces the green.

And that's where he saw the odd sight.

Interesting Regulus thought to himself as he continued to stare at the peculiar sighting before him.

Interesting indeed.