Chapter Nineteen- For Now*

tw- mentions of abuse

James wakes first.

The sun creeping in, warming his face. His eyes open as he looks around. His arms are still around Talitha, her face had turned in the night and she's leaning on his chest.

He looks down at her, the sun causing her dark curls to lighten. Her long eyelashes resting perfectly.

He looks down on her face and notices that on her cheek there is a large bruise. It's a dark purple colour and looks harsh on her face.

He traces the bruise carefully on her face, his heart burning at the thought of her being hurt.

James didn't know how this happened. Out of nowhere he found himself caring for her.

One minute he's ignoring her, then she's ignoring him. Then they became each other's casual sex.

And now he likes her.

Talitha stirs at the feels of James's hand. As he continues to trace her bruise, Talitha wakes with shock.

Sitting up, causing James to drop his hand from her face.

She let's out a sigh when she realises it's just James next fo her. Her heart relaxes, knowing that it's him.

'Hey you alright?' James whispers.

Talitha nods, moving to stand up.

James remains sat on the floor, looking up at Talitha he asks. 'How did you get that bruise on your cheek Talitha?'

Shit, Talitha curses to her self. She touches her cheek, feeling the harsh pain of the bruise.

After Orion Black had struck her twice, a bruise remained on Talitha's face. A dark harsh bruise.

Talitha would normally use a spell to cover up the bruise every morning. The spell wears off by the morning and so she'd have to do it again.

She didn't expect to spend the whole night with James and now he's seen it.

Talitha could lie to James, but for some odd reason she found herself telling the truth.

'Father hit me. Well not my real father but Orion. I suppose it's going to take some time not to refer to him as father.'

'Oh Talitha I'm so sorry.' James says standing up and wrapping his arms around Talitha.
'Sirius always said they never hurt you.'

Talitha let's go of the hug as she bitterly replies. 'Well Sirius doesn't know anything.'

James could sense her coldness, and hated himself for making her mad.
'I'm sorry Talitha. I know things are complicated between you two.'

Talitha stares at him. She's not used to this.