Chapter Twenty-Three- Be So Cruel

The following day all sixth and seventh years had a sore head

The following day all sixth and seventh years had a sore head. It was evident that the majority of them had consumed far too much.

Talitha awoke in her bed, groaning as her head pounds. She stretches in her bed, yawning at the thought of having to go to class.

She gets ready for class, grateful that her first class is potions so that she can see James.

She thought back to her party yesterday and realised how she spent hardly any time with him. She isn't complaining; she still had the fun. She was just hoping to have a private after-party with him.

She then thinks about Sirius, and it annoys her. Who does he think he is ruining my birthday like that?! She groans to herself. She couldn't believe how much of a brat Sirius was.

She pushes thoughts of Sirius out of her mind and rushes off to class, realising that she's almost late.

Talitha walks into class, noticing how hungover everyone looks. She smiles at the sight of them.
Evan waves dopily at her as she goes to the assigned seat, James not there.

Class begins, and James still hasn't arrived. The whole reason she came to class was to see James. He must be way too hungover, Talitha thinks to herself.
She looks around the class noticing how Sirius isn't there either. Remus is also sat on his own.
Talitha zones out of class instead of drawing in her notebook, counting down the minutes until class is over.

Finally, it ends, and she quickly packs up her things, wanting to catch up with Remus.
She walks into the hallway and sees Remus walking with Lily, she internally groans at this but puts on a smile as she walks up to the pair.

Lily stops in her tracks as she notices Talitha beside them. "Talitha! Hi!" she exclaims.
Remus turns to look at Talitha, his eyes look tired with big bags under them, and his brown hair is a mess. His lips are pursed in a line as he looks at Talitha.
Talitha can sense oddness coming off Remus, she needs him alone. She focuses her attention on Lily, "Go!" Talitha snaps.
To which Lily rolls her eyes but goes willingly, not wanting to cause a scene.

"So wolfie, how have you been? Enjoy yesterday?" Talitha quirks looking at Remus.

Remus walks slowly, itching his head as he replies quietly. "Hmm, yes."

Talitha rolls her eyes, it's evident that Remus is annoyed at her. She doesn't give in and refuses to ask him what's wrong, it's apparent that he's sided with Sirius. All she wants to know is where James is, so she continues smiling. "Where's the rest of your rat pack then?"

Before Remus can reply, two bodies come crashing into them, James and Peter.
"I so won, James!" Peter shouts whilst panting.

"You turned into a rat halfway, you cheat!" James retorts, also panting, he then looks up to see Remus standing with Talitha staring at them.

"Hi, Remus! Hi Talitha!" Peter waves at them. "Great party yesterday, Talitha, it was amazing! I got like three dates with three different girls!"

Talitha smirks at him. "Well, I'm glad!"

James doesn't look at Talitha, he's annoyed with her for how she treated Sirius. He can't believe she could be so cruel. He doesn't know what to think of her anymore, but he knows he needs space apart to think things through.

Talitha is looking at James, trying to catch his eye, but he won't look at her, she's annoyed by this is.

It stays silent until Remus clears his throat, "Well, we better get to our next class, later Talitha."

Then a bell rings, causing all students to leave their classrooms to go to the next class. The hallway is filled with a mass of students, Remus walking as quickly as possible to avoid it and Peter following behind.

Talitha uses this as an opportunity to grab James away from his friends so that she can speak to him alone. She grabs his hand, pulling him into a broom closet.

James leans against the wall as he looks at her. Talitha folds her arms, staring moodily at him. The tension between them is horrid. Talitha hates it. Usually, he never shuts up, but now he's silent, staring at her with anger in his eyes.

"You barely spoke to me yesterday, and today you're ignoring me. Why?"

James sighs. "I'm not ignoring you; I just happened to not be in class."

"You are a liar!" Talitha groans. "Tell me what's wrong!"

James shakes his head, sighing loudly as she glares at him.

"Tell me!" Talitha demands. She bites the inside of her cheek as she waits for him to speak.

"What you said to Sirius yesterday was way out of line! He is your brother!" James grunted, his brows furrowed angrily.

Talitha steps back and lets out a scoff. She can't believe he is getting involved in her business with Sirius. She is beyond annoyed at him. He has no right to tell her what's out of line.

"Mine and Sirius's business has nothing to do with you. Just because he acts like a brother to you doesn't mean he's a brother to me!" Talitha scolded, and with one final glare, she stalked out of the closet.

Too cross, she doesn't notice the bystander who happened to overhear their conversation.

Regulus emerges from behind the pillar, watching as his sister walks away. They are both too cross to talk properly, so he knew he'd have to intervene. Regulus lets out a sigh as he realises he has to fix this, so much for staying away.