Chapter Twenty-Four- Are You Threatening Me?*

Remus knew he had to speak to Talitha Black

Remus knew he had to speak to Talitha Black. The two of them haven't spoken properly since before Christmas.

It's his fault, really, he was never that good at maintaining friendships. Remus admires Talitha, he can tell she suffers greatly, he just wishes for her not to be so cruel. Especially to those closest to him, like Sirius.

Dread filled him as he counted down the minutes until all his classes finished. He bit his lip nervously as he made his way to the library, knowing Talitha would be there.

He finds her at the back of the library, and her head burrowing in a book. As he approaches the table, she doesn't move, so he makes a quiet cough. Talitha looks up slowly, furrowing her eyebrows as she looks at Remus.

She doesn't say anything but just stares. Remus continues to bite his lip nervously, he signs to the chair, and Talitha nods, allowing him to sit opposite her.
Talitha carefully closes her book as Remus pulls out the chair to sit down.

He nervously coughs again before speaking. "I hope you don't mind me intruding on your studies, it's just that I would like to talk to you."

Talitha relaxes her eyebrows and straightens in her chair. "Well, go on then."

Remus nods slowly, trying to muster the courage to say what he needs to. Talitha lets out a loud sigh as she looks at him, shifting in his chair. Remus looks over and notices a slight smirk appearing on her.
"Suppose you think it's funny? Seeing me all nervous?"

"Remus, darling, you are always nervous. This is nothing new. I just thought we had moved past pleasantries and that you could just talk to me!" Talitha replies, a smirk still on her lips.

Remus lets out a sigh and copies her smirk. "Yes, I guess this isn't anything new. I'm just afraid I'll damage whatever relationship we had even further."

"Remus, I've told you we are one of the same. Nothing could ever truly damage us, for we are already damaged." Talitha says, inching her seat closer to Remus. "Now, I promise not to be annoyed or mad or my usual bitchy self by whatever you have to say."

"Promise?" Remus quirks, raising his eyebrows.

"Promise!" Talitha says, raising her hands.

"Alright," Remus says, relaxing his shoulders slightly. He's still tense, but he's trusting Talitha's promise.

"It's about Sirius."

Talitha rolls her eyes at him and goes to speak, but Remus raises his eyebrows at her. She shakes her head in defence, allowing him to continue.

"I know you see him as your enemy, but he isn't. He's been heartbroken for months. Ever since you came back, he's been wanting to amend his relationship with you. He loves you, Talitha. I know you think he's out to get you, but really he just wants the best for you, and he does so by showing it in his weird twisted way. I should know, I'm his boyfriend. He's not the best at relationships, but his heart is always in the right place. He's been trying to perfect a spell to impress you, a spell your grandfather used to do. He thought if he could just get that spell right, then you two could rejoice as siblings once again."