Chapter Eighteen- Something Missing

tw- mentions of abuse

James Potter hasn't spoken to Talitha Black since the night of the Christmas party

Like the rest of Hogwarts he heard her cackle violently.

Heard the screams of the cackles in the dead night.

Just like the rest of Hogwarts, James knew something had happened to Talitha Black.

And for some odd reason he felt this weird feeling. As if something was missing.

☆゜・。。・゜゜・。。・゜★

Lily and James were closer than ever, she actually started talking to him, instead of him pestering her. He liked having her around all the time.

He'd always told his friends that he loves Lily, but the more time he spends with her, he realises that it wasn't just something he was saying. But it's now something he meant.

James Potter is in love with Lily Evans.

Yet he still felt as though something was missing.

His nights felt long and lonely and he didn't know why.

There was no fire in his life anymore.

☆゜・。。・゜゜・。。・゜★

'Hey James. Can I talk to you?' Lily asks making her way to next to James who's sat on the bench on his own in the Great Hall.

'Lily! Of course! I'll always have time to talk you.' James responds with a wide grin on his face.

'Stop.' Lily says as she crashes onto the bench next to him. She puts her ginger hair behind her ears. 'Please don't be so nice. It's just going to make everything so much harder.'

'Make what so much harder?' James questions looking into Lily's eyes.

'Us! This!' Lily replies, looking into her lap.

'There's an us?' James asks, trying to keep his voice low.

'Yes! No! Well I don't know!' Lily says, she then looks up at James. Her heart beating fast at the sight of his face.

'I like you James. I really do. I don't even know how but it just snuck up on me! And now I can't get you out of my head!' Lily blurts out.

Before James even has a chance to respond Lily starts to talk again.

'It's just that, well I can't be with you. The past few weeks we've hung out have been amazing. Truly amazing. But it's also made me fall behind all my classes. And as much as I like you, I can't be behind. School means far too much to me.'

'Lily Evans you like me?' James asks in surprise.

Lily looks more into James green eyes as she nods her head. 'Yes! Yes I really do!'