Chapter three

Authors note (PLEASE READ): This chapter contains Homophobia, especially lesbophobia and slurs regarding the topic.

-Boston, 2008, Friday.

Going out partying was one of Katya's favorite activities with her friends, that feeling of freedom. the adrenaline of doing something you know you shouldn't be doing, she loves it, getting ready, choosing clothes, doing her make-up, sneaking out, or convincing her parents she was only going to a sleepover, and today wasn't gonna be any different.

"Катя! Get here!" said his father with a thick Russian accent and Katya went running down the stairs.

"What happened отец?"

"I know you go party today, listen" he took a sip of his coke soda "There's this new girl, blond, like barbie"

"Uhu," Katya said affirming that she knew who he is talking about

"No going out with her"

"I'm not friends with her anyway, but why?"

"She's... erm... how do you say... oh yeah, she's a dyke Катя"

Katya flinched at the word, she got called that on the daily by stupid boys because she rejected them or simply because of her "masculine" attitude, but hearing it come out from his dad's mouth was different even when she knew her father is strongly homophobic.

"Who told you?"

"Parents, we have a.. uh... meeting and parents of her told us she's a dyke"

"To everyone?"

"Yeah, I know, I would be ashamed to have a dyke daughter"

"Yeah..." Katya said while she looked down to the floor, keeping her tears in, she couldn't ruin her make up for her stupid отец. "I'm going папа, до свидания!"

She grabbed her bag and a bottle of water that was filled with vodka and called Violet

"Hi Kat, I'm on my way"

"Hi Violet, I have something about the Barbie doll"

"You sound choked up"

"Doesn't matter, just listen" Katya tried to sound her best like she wasn't on the verge of tears "She's a lesbian Violet" She whispered into the mic of the phone.

"Yes!, I knew it bitch"

"Shut up I was the first one to guess"

"Says a lot about your interests"

"Shut up and pull up hoe"

-

She went into the party with confidence, she had her red lips and black smokey eye combo, red tank top, black short skirt, black fishnets, black boots, a leather jacket, and her wavy hair was in a half ponytail. Next to her was Violet using a black see-through short sleeveless shirt, under it were a shiny lingerie-like bra and super mini skirt, a big furry black coat, and thigh-high boots. Her face was beautiful, blue shiny eyes, with black eyeliner and a deep red on the lips. Katya would lie if she said she wouldn't kiss her best friend right now.

A lot of people were at the party already, but it wasn't crowded, the house was big enough for even more people. Violet took her by her arm and brought her to Bob and Adore.

"Shit! you both look hot as fuck" Adore said loudly.

"I agree I would kiss you two if I wasn't gay" Bob continued.

"I know right!" Violet said.

Katya was still thinking about what her father said, not only the homophobic part, but also that Barbie was going to be here and that she's gay, this is the opportunity to talk to her, but she's worried that the fear for father would stop her.