Chapter four

Authors note (PLEASE READ):This chapter contains family fights, homphobia and mentions of physical and verbal abuse.

-Boston, 2008, Friday.

Trixie took a taxi home, before everyone else. She looked through the window waiting to get to her house and remembered she didn't tell Katya she was going home. She took her phone out and texted Katya.

Trixie

Went home early. Took a cab.

And left the phone on the seat to look for the gum that was in her purse. She took the wrap off and started chewing as her phone buzzed.

Katya

k see you on Monday ;)

She didn't feel like replying so she left it open. Trixie grabbed her headphones and started playing "Sugar Water" by Cibo Matto. Rolled down the window and closed her eyes, feeling the wind mess up her hair. 

Katya was flirting with her right?. Trixie couldn't help but doubt. What if Katya's just like that with everyone. Maybe she was ashamed of Trixie and that's why she went to the bathroom after being seen with her. Trixie has a devotion for overthinking every move she and other people make. What they say, how they react. Is a never-ending cycle of doubt and insecurity that orbits hunting Trixie's thoughts every day. 

Was Trixie invasive? Did she scare Katya? Maybe Katya wasn't into her at all and all she did was creep Katya out. Trixie felt her hands get sweaty and her breath unstable. She took a few deep breaths as she noticed she was getting close to her house. She also grabbed a little bottle with gin she had and took a shot. The car stopped, she paid for the taxi and got out of the car the best she could without tripping. Trixie walked up to the door, noticed the living room light on. Her mom and her mom's boyfriend were fighting.

"I can't believe you're letting her get away with this!"

"Away with what? being herself?"

"She got that shit into your head didn't she"

"Trust me I tried to change her, stupidest thing I did"

"You'll see me try and succeed"

"Oh yeah?!"

"Yeah!" She heard the table being punched. She needed to get out of there.

Her mom stood up for Trixie but didn't respect herself enough to put a stop to the constant verbally abusive boyfriends coming in and out of the house. At first, Trixie was worried for her, she still is but now it's mixed with the anger she has from her mother letting Trixie gets abused by her now-dead step-father, out of the fear she had from confronting him. 

She started to walk faster, trying to get away from the screams that were now lower. The worst part of this was that this has happened before. Coming home and having to go away because she heard them fighting. Sometimes the fights woke her up and she sneaked out to get away from the noise. Every time it happens it takes her back to her step-father screaming at her.

Tears started to stream down Trixie's face, ruining her makeup. She sat down on the side of the street. She took out the little bottle filled with gin and drank all of it, leaving it empty.  She was at least not drunk enough to know she should go somewhere safe, so she dailed the first contact she had on her contact list.

"Hi, Trixie?" A raspy voice said

"Hi? Who's this?" Trixie said confused

"Katya, are you ok?"

"No, I'm on the street" Trixie stood up "I, I need a safe place to stay the night"

"Trixie I don't know anywhere safe I-" Katya was cut off by Trixie