Chapter Nineteen.

After Trixie left the room Katya slammed the bathroom counter out of frustration, her hands numb to the pain of the strong hit. She held tears as she got into the bathroom stall again, closing the door and pulling her knees to her chest. Everyone was so up in her business, it fucking drove her crazy. Before people didn't care about what the fuck she was doing or going through. Now everybody seemed to care. Normally it would be a blessing to have people like that around you, but Katya wanted nobody taking care of her. At first, because it was dangerous and now Katya felt like she didn't deserve it. And she hated that she was still conscious enough to feel bad about what she was doing and saying. She knew the consequences and that is what's stopping her from going completely nuts. She grabbed her hair while fidgeting with her legs. Katya didn't seem to be able to stop her fidgety behavior, her fast eyes, the shivers coming out of the blue, her hands couldn't stop moving. Didn't Trixie already figure it out? Katya was giving it away, she knew she shouldn't have come to school.

"Katya, it's Violet. I know you're here."

Katya sat in silence

"Katya!" Violet said roughly

"Jesus Christ" Katya jumped from the toilet.

"Get out of there" Violet knocked on the stall door that Katya was in.

"Why" Katya saw Violet trying to open it so she held it locked. "Go away! I don't want you here!"

"Katya! Stop being fucking nonsense!" Violet slammed her fist against the door and Katya went silent. "Why are you doing this?"

"Trixie sent you here didn't she, that little bitch." Katya got annoyed, she didn't need Violet being loud right now. "She had to call you because she couldn't handle it?" Katya let the lock go without noticing.

"Stop talking about her like that Katya" Violet knew this wasn't the Katya she got used to. "You're not being yourself right now"

"What if it is tho? Isn't this my purest form?" Katya stood up, still in the stall. "It just brings out the nasty truth of people doesn't it?"  Katya heard Violet approach the stall stomping.

"Could you just, stop?" Violet opened the stall, looking at Katya for the first time after a week or so. "Katya, I know you're on drugs. You're talking the same way you did when you were fifteen."

"So why do you care now and not then!" Katya's voice broke. "You are all fake! fake shitheads! fake bitches!" Katya started. 

"I was on drugs too Katya, I couldn't help you"

"Oh but when you could you didn't"

"Fuck off" Violet looked outside. "Bob!" Katya heard someone walking into the bathroom. "Take care of her, I need a bit of a break." Violet walked out of the bathroom and Bob stood in front of Katya.

"Oh, so it's a reunion" Katya scoffed

"Of course it fucking is Katya, you're screaming for help," Bob said keeping calm although Katya's nervous attitude. "I know this is not you Katya, you aren't like this. Please let us help you."

"Shut up you bald egg" Katya was sweating now, her forehead shinning. "I'm not doing badly. I just want alone time, is that a crime?"

"Katya, it's not about being alone it's about what you do when you're alone." Bob tried his best to not be angry at Katya. "You know you hate what you're doing right now, something is causing this. You can tell us Kat" Bob reached for Katya's hand who was sitting down on the toilet again.

"Don't touch me!" Katya started crying. "Go away, Get out, I wanna go home. I'm going home!" Katya stood up walking out of the bathroom and went to get her stuff to head home.

-

Katya walked home, early out of school. She took her keys out, opening the door. She expected the house to be empty but when she opened the door she saw Brian sitting on the couch.

"What are you doing here?" Katya said leaving her back up on the floor.

"What? Am I bothering you? Your parents told me to stay home to take care of you."

"You taking care of me? You? The one that planned on putting something in my drink to assault me?"

"I didn't even need to put something in your drink" Brian smirked.

"You're fucking sick in the head."

"And what are you gonna do? Tell someone?" Brian stood up, closer to Katya. Katya flinched at the sudden movement.

"No, no I won't." Katya looked at her feet.

"You know what happens when you tell someone." Brian grabbed Katya's chin, making Katya look up to him. "You don't want that to happen."

"I don't" Katya was holding herself together to not cry at the memories playing in her mind.

"Then don't be fucking stupid!" He screamed into Katya's face, Katya shutting her eyes and slowly opening them back. "Go to your room." Katya ran to her room, desperate to get away from Brian.

Bob was right, Violet was right, Trixie was right. They were all right. This wasn't Katya. This wasn't who she became after recovering. She saw herself become her old self. The explosive and impulsive attitude, thinking she can do everything on her own, rejecting help. She saw everything. But she was too scared. She couldn't tell them, she didn't want  Brian to touch her. Katya stood up, sweating and breathing irregularly because of the racing thoughts that crossed her mind all at the same time. She got into the bathroom and poured water into her hands. Overwhelmed, Katya washed her face and then looked at the mirror. Something was off. Who was the person standing in front of her? She stared at the mirror, wondering if she was going crazy. She couldn't recognize her features, her hair, her lips, her eyes. All so unknown to Katya. Suddenly a black shadow came by behind her. Running from one side of the mirror to another. Katya shouted and looked behind her, nothing there. Katya was going crazy.