Chapter three, Part two.

Authors note (PLEASE READ):This chapter contains homphobic slurs.

-Boston, 2008, Friday.

Katya was so glad Trixie brought her that one cigarette, feeling the smoke go through her throat, stuffing her lungs, and coming back up to let it out. Leaving her brain relaxed because of the effects of nicotine, clearing her mind up, her thoughts getting organized again.

"Can I come in Katya?" She heard Trixie say from the other side of the door.

"Wait," Katya said and stood up, her eye makeup was all messed up.

She licked her ring finger and rub it around the eyeshadow. Hoping it'll smooth it out. Fix her outfit a bit, her skirt, her top. Fixed her hair with her hands. She grasped the doorknob and twisted it

"Hi, barbie"

"Hi"

"I'm sorry" Katya felt like a failure. The one thing she didn't want to happen, happened, and the one way she didn't wanna react like, she did.

Trixie breathed out "I understand, you don't even need to say sorry" Trixie softly scoffed

"Im sorry I look a mess" Katya gave a sad-ish smile

"A pretty mess" Trixie stared at Katya's face. Looking around her eyes, her lips, her hair, going back and forth between them. 

"Stick your tongue out," She asked Katya. Katya obliged.

Trixie ran her finger on Katya's tongue shortly and rubbed a little spot of black eyeshadow Katya had on her cheek. All Katya could focus on was Trixie's lips and the forming butterflies she had in the bottom of her stomach.

"Done," Said the barbie-looking girl and tilted her head with a smile.

"Katya! I thought we lost you girl" Bob came out of nowhere "What happened?"

"Nothing" Katya said

"Does this have to do with lesbian sex?"

"If lesbian sex means giving Katya a cigarette and a lighter while shes crying yes" Trixie said and laughed.

"Isn't that like the same thing?" Bob answered. They all laughed.

"But seriously what happened Katya?" Katya looked at Trixie

"Im gonna go get a drink, I'll be back in a minute" Trixie exited.

"I freaked out" Katya came back to a worried and rushed voice "We were dancing, I forgot we were in public, I forgot people were looking" She made a paused "And some guy called us dykes"

"Im sorry kat"

"No its dumb bob. Im supposed to be tough"

"Says who" 

"Isn't it my whole brand?. I was supposed to go to the guy and fight him about it. Not lock myself in the bathroom crying about a fucking meaningless word"

"Clearly not meaningless Katya" Bob hugged Katya sideways "It's okay to react that way, it's okay to react any way as long as you don't hurt someone."

"You know Im gonna keep beating up myself about it mentally" Katya said in a attempt to make Bob stop talking.

"At least you're self-aware," Bob said a bit pissed off. "Barbie's coming back" He pointed at Trixie

"Her name is Trixie" She said with a serious expression

"I'm going to Violet and Adore" Trixie stood besides Katya "see you later Kitty, bye Trixie" and walked away

"so, kitty?"

"Oh don't even try it bitch" Katya said laughing

"Kitten" Katya stood unamused "fuck off, I know you like it"

"Let's go outside I wanna smoke" Katya proposed and Trixie nodded.
They made it through  the crowd until they got to the front yard of the big house. Katya laid her back against her back and Trixie sat on the floor with her drink. Katya took out a cig and lit it, inhaled and exhaled the smoke through her nose.

"When did you start smoking?" Trixie asked while looking at the empty road in front of them.

"14, stole my parent's cigarettes" Katya said matter of factly

"my step-dad was a smoker"

"he quitted?"

"nope, he died" Trixie said totally emotionless

"I'm sorry" Katya said looking down at Trixie who was still looking at the empty road

"He was an asshole anyway" She looked up to Katya "Some people are better dead than alive if I'm being honest"

"I don't blame you" Katya took a drag from the cigarette and exhaled "I had a brother, he's dead. Got killed by some drug dealers"

"holy shit" Trixie's eyes widened "was he dealer too or what, what did he do?" Trixie noticed Katya zoning out and breath getting slightly faster "You don't need to tell me, if you don't want to" Trixie got up and laid her back on the wall like Katya "no worries kitten" Katya laughed.

"Hey! come to the dance floor idiots!" Violet screamed at them poking her head from the back of the wall. Trixie looked at Katya with a confused expression.

"That's Violet, anyways let's go" Katya put out her cigarette on the floor and then put the orange remaining in a little zip lock bag she had in her pocket.

"what? They are recyclable. I'm polluting my lungs I might as well not pollute mother earth" Katya said and then grabbed Trixie's arm to go dance.