Chapter twelve.

Trixie was blooming with happiness, Katya liked her back, she did. There wouldn't be any uncomfortable silences or secrets Trixie would have to hold. But one thing kept her thinking, was she being too much? It's always the same question with Katya. She's so worried about being too much she ends up not being able to let loose. But after having sex with Katya, and being so vulnerable with her she hoped she could beat that tough wall that has been building up over the years.

The last relationship she had ended up in Trixie being outed out of anger. Shea, she was a truly beautiful girl. They officially dated for 3 months but things were going on from a while ago. They started as friends, best friends, super close best friends, the best friends that kiss, and then to being a couple. Trixie realized she liked her after realizing that every time they played spin the bottle she hoped that it was Shea. It was all about exploring and experimenting, nothing too serious. But Shea could be a bit cruel sometimes, when Trixie got overly excited about something she would tell her to shut up. Or when Trixie hugged her or cuddled with her Shea would brush her off without any explanation. Trixie became self-conscious about how touchy she was with someone she's interested in, or how much she talked, or how much time she spent with them.

Shea was having dinner with Trixie and Trixie's mom after she and Trixie fought. Shea was mad at Trixie for saying something she should to her friends while drunk. Trixie was holding teras back as they were called for dinner right after she got screamed at. 

"Patt, do you wanna know something?" Shea said in a dry tone.

"What sweetie" Trixie's mother looked to Shea.

"Your daughter is hiding something" Shea looked at Trixie from the side of her eye.

"Shut the fuck up Shea," Trixie said under her breath hitting Shea's leg softly under the table.

"She's a dyke" Patt's face at first looked confused and then interested. 

"Shea shut up, mom she's just joking" Trixie let out a nervous chuckle.

"She likes girl, she's a lesbian" Shea stated, her tone being stone cold.

"Trixie I didn't think you were like this" Her mother said disappointed. "Thank you, Shea, could you leave us a minute." Shea stood up going to Trixie's room and picking up her stuff to go home.

"Mom, please it's a lie" Trixie's hands were sweaty and she was on the verge of tears.

"Beatrice, I don't know what to say," Her mother said still in disappointment "I didn't raise you like this. Go to your room and give me your phone." as soon as Trixie got into her room she broke into tears, leaving her pillowcase wet.

Trixie got over Shea and the outing when she moved to another state, wanting to start over. But then she found herself tired of moving to another state every 4 or 5 months. Not being able to have a place to call home. And now she finally felt like she had somewhere she could call home, and she didn't wanna fuck it up by being too much. But then she gets worried if she's being too much by asking if she's being too much. The vicious never-ending cycle of overthinking. Her phone ringing got her out of her head. 

"Hi?"

"Hi, it's Katya" She seemed out of breath. "Wanna go for a walk?"

"Walking and already hyperventilating, I shouldn't have given you those cigarettes"

"Shut up!" Katya laughed. "Are you coming or?"

"Of course, I'll take my jacket and go. Where are you?" Trixie stood up from her bed to look for her jacket.

"Outside of your house" Trixie laughed. "What's so funny?"

"Nothing I just like you!" Katya fell into hysterical laughter, Trixie could hear it from her room. "Okay bye I'm going downstairs" She ended the call and opened the front door, Katya standing grinning at her.

"Where are you going, Trixie!" Her mother shouted at her.

"On a walk!" Trixie didn't wait for her mother's approval as she closed the door and ran to Katya.

"Hey!" Katya opened her arms for a hug, which Trixie accepted.

Trixie loved hugging Katya or being close to her at all. Katya's perfume mixed with the now fruity scent of the cigarettes was so good. Trixie wanted to drown in it. And also Katya was wearing a puffy jacket, it made her feel like a teddy bear.

"Did something happen?" Trixie asked Katya while hugging her but pulling her head out of it so she could face her.

"No, I just wanted to see you" Katya smiled and Trixie felt butterflies in her stomach from how Katya was watching her. "You can't kiss me in front of my house, my mom will see us!" Trixie said whisper-screaming. Trixie and Katya waddled to the side of Trixie's house without separating from the hug, laughing the whole time.

"You're so pretty," Katya said looking at Trixie's face. "I love your lips"

"I could tell from last night" Trixie laughed.

"Shut up!" Katya said before kissing her.

It was a sweet kiss, nothing like the last one they had. That one was filled with passion and desire, hands everywhere. This one felt soft and kind, a romantic type of kiss. Holding each other by a hug.

"Who knew you were so romantic," Trixie said pulling away from the kiss.

"You love when I'm romantic" 

"I'm not that much of a romantic"

"You said you'll be my weather woman when I work at the news" Katya pulled away from the hug and started walking. "That's romantic if you ask me!"

"It's not romantic it's realistic"

"How"

"Because you're not getting any further in the cinematic art realm than the news"

"Fuck you!" Katya laughed.

"At least I promise I'll be there with you."