Chapter nine.

Author's note (PLEASE READ): This chapter contains homophobia, slurs, and a graphic description of physical abuse. You're totally allowed to curse in the comments lol

-2008, Boston, Thursday.

Trixie walked into her house, her mom was working but her mom's boyfriend was there.

"I'm home!" Trixie said putting her stuff on the couch.

"Where were you," He said getting out of the kitchen.

"At school, stayed a bit late to work on a project"

"Don't lie to me Beatrice" Trixie flinched at the name that brought her so many painful memories.

"I told you to not call me Beatrice. Please."

"What do you want? a new name now?" He got closer to Trixie "Wanna be yourself? huh?"

"What?" Trixie got closer to him too "What does this have to do with me being a lesbian?"

"Lesbian? more like a dyke"

"You sound like a 16-year-old guy from my class Alex."

"Enough Beatrice"

"Enough what?" Trixie raised her voice "You expect me to just stand here while you disrespect who I am?"

"You're ridiculous"

"Your life is ridiculous. You think you're special and important, well let me tell you something. My mom changes boyfriend every 4 months and you pretty much have 2 months left" Trixie took a sharp breath "So don't come here acting as you own me and like I owe you respect or who I am" Trixie stood right in front of him "You self entitled piece of shit!"

Trixie felt a fast warm sensation on her cheek, a burning sensation. She closed her eyes, shutting them closed. She brought her hand to her cheek. He slapped her. Trixie ran upstairs crying and locked the door of her bedroom. This felt way too familiar.

Trixie ran from the kitchen to the stairs while her knee was bleeding. He was screaming at her while the smell of beer came with his breath. She feared for her life. Each step she heard he took was like the clock of her life was going faster and faster over and over again. Her heart was going so fast she could feel it pumping in her neck intensely.

"I swear to god Beatrice I'm gonna fucking kill you"

Trixie got into the closet of her room hiding hoping he wouldn't find her. She covered her mouth with her own hands to stop the shaky breath she got from crying so much.

"I'm gonna find you, Beatrice!" The steps grew closer "I'm gonna fucking find you!"

Trixie got into a fetal position and shut her eyes. This didn't feel real. It was way too scary to not be a nightmare. Her life couldn't end when she is only 12 years old. She has so many things to live. So many memories to make. And it all felt so far away as the steps got closer and closer to where she was hiding. The door opened.

"There you are you little bitch" He grabbed her by her ponytail and threw her on the floor. "You're ridiculous" He took something out of his back. "Look at me, Beatrice"

When Trixie looked at him she couldn't believe it. He had a gun. He was pointing at her.

"Drop the gun, Police!"

Trixie opened her eyes and realized she was in her closet. Crying. Her mom squatting next to her.

"Honey are you okay?"

"Why?" Her mom looked at her with a confused face "Why did you let him do it, mom?"

Trixie got up. Not looking back. She went downstairs, grabbed the backpack, and opened the door. "I'll be back in a bit, don't look for me" And with that, she left. She walked not knowing where to go. So she took out her phone and dialed the only person she could think of.

"Katya?"

"Yeah? what's up?"

"Is your dad home?"

"Um, yeah. Why?"

"Shit happened in my house, please come to the park that's like 5 blocks away from my house."

"I'll be there in 5 mins"

"Thank you, Katya"

"It's nothing Barbie"

The call ended and Trixie was calming down from her crying early before, her phone started buzzing.

Alex

Where are you.

Answer.

I'm gonna find you, Beatrice.

Trixie shook her head trying to slip the memories out of her head so she wouldn't cry again. She blocked the number. She tapped her under eyes gently trying to look more presentable for Katya. When she brought her head up she saw a blond girl in a bicycle coming towards her. Trixie stood up from the bench she was sitting at.

"Hi Trix," Katya said and she was welcomed by a tight hug from Trixie.

"Thank you so much for coming here," Trixie said burring her face in Katya's neck.

"Mind if we sit down?" Katya asked after she hugged Trixie back.

"no, let's sit down"

Trixie wrapped herself into Katya's arms. She breathed in, smelling the calming familiar scent. Closing her eyes. 

"What happened Trix, I'm worried." Katya said looking at her "You look like you cried"

"I went home from school and he thought I was lying about staying for a project at school" Trixie took a breath. "He called me a dyke and the entire name that reminds me of my step-father" Katya grabbed her hand "He kept saying it and it drove me crazy and I ended up calling him a piece of shit." Katya squeezed her hand "He slapped me and I-I felt like I was with my step-father again" Trixie's voice broke and Katya comforted her with a few quiet "it's okay". "I went upstairs and got a flashback of my stepfather hitting me" This was the first time Trixie said he hit her to Katya. "That time he pointed at me with a gun, it was the last time I saw him before he died" Trixie started crying and Katya brought her closer, letting Trixie cry on her shoulder. "It's okay baby."

Katya helped Trixie calm down and gave her a bit of the water she brought. She hugged Trixie and comforted her while she told her that she wasn't with him anymore and that while she was alive Trixie isn't gonna be treated like that again. Trixie said thank you a million times, Katya was happy that Trixie trusted with this, saying something like what Trixie said takes strength and a lot of trust. 

"I like that," Trixie said while she was resting her head on Katya's thigh

"Like what?" Katya said staring at he lips

"You calling me baby," Trixie said and smiled

"Oh, that, I, It was"

"It's okay Katya, I like it" Trixie interrupted Katya. "I may like it a bit too much" They were staring at each other's eyes fondly.

"It's getting late Trixie" Katya moved her leg a bit for Trixie to move. "I should probably go"

Trixie looked down to the floor, a bit disappointed. "Bye kitten"

"Bye," Katya got on the bike. "baby."