Chapter five

- New York, 2021, Friday.

After staring at the note for a bit it finally hit Katya. This couldn't be true. She was confused. So she took out her phone and took a picture of it. She wasn't gonna send it to Bob yet, she needed some water. And a cigarette to calm her nerves.

It can't be, it didn't make sense. Why now and not before. She took out her phone and stared at the picture before pressing share. Bob saw it immediately after Katya sent it.

Bob

What.

What is that even supposed to mean Katya???

Kat

It's Trixie, you idiot.

Trixie sent me the gift

Bob

How do you know if it's her?

Kat

The Russian nickname. котенок.

Bob

Ohhhh.

Kat

Do you think she's coming tonight??

Bob

No? yes?. I don't know.

Kat

Thank you for being so helpful.

Bye, I'm gonna get ready.

Bob

Bye Kitty ;)

With that Katya plugged her phone and left it changing. She went to her closet to look for the outfit. She already planned it the night before, a black shiny latex-like dress, black heels, rhinestoned tights and a black long coat, shiny earrings, and a silver necklace. Simple.

After putting the outfit on the bed She took off her clothes to get into the shower. cleaning her hair that was gonna be in a bun and imagining how tonight could turn out. What if she was just there, like the rest of the guests. Who invited her?. Why? After getting out of the shower She wondered a bit by texting Bob again

Kat

I'm kinda looking forward to Trixie coming

Bob

already getting your hopes up?

She just sent you a little gift, take it easy.

Maybe she won't even come tonight.

Just act as if you never got the gift and if she shows up, you'll deal with it.

Kat

Okay okay

I guess I'll do that.

She put her phone down again and with the towel wrapped around her, she took the gift. She unwrapped it and it was a Marlboro fusion blast box. Katya laughed softly. She hasn't smoked this kind in a long time. Since Trixie left. She took one cig out and put the box in her purse. She went back to her room. Left the towel fall and changed into her outfit. She stood in front of the mirror, fonding into her own eyes. Getting mentally ready if she had to reunite with Trixie. She started analyzing every bad outcome that could happen. She went out of the bathroom into her balcony, with the cig Trixie sent her. The taste felt so nostalgic. She hadn't smoke these since Trixie left. But the memories didn't bring anxiety or any kind of nervousness. She remembered talking with Trixie talking while smoking or the time they skipped school together. Happy moments. She remembered how they talked to each other. They weren't strangers.

-

Trixie was nervous. She was overthinking if this was the right thing to do. She was worried that Katya didn't give a fuck about her anymore. What if Trixie looked childish? or ridiculous? She was just off the airport from a 2-hour flight from Cincinnati Ohio. She sent her friend Kim to leave something to Katya's apartment before arriving. Now she had to get ready for Katya's birthday. She began unpacking and organizing her stuff in the room's closet. She left her outfit folded on the bed. A pink sleeveless dress. That had little plastic circles attached which gave a monochromatic purple and green shine. And if it got cold a black shiny but not as shiny as the dress coat that got to the length of the dress and a pair of white 60's type boots.

She got into the shower, relaxing her shoulders, neck, and back. Trixie has a lot of thinking to do. Katya and her haven't talked in years and it was both of their faults. It was such a childish move to not talk to her at all. And Katya was somewhat of a coward for never reaching out either, But they had that in common. Fear. Not about what they feared, but because they had fear. Trixie was afraid Katya wouldn't be the same or that she wouldn't like her at all. And Katya was scared Trixie was still mad or just didn't care and made her life somewhere else. Trixie felt her chest get pushed as if someone was pressing it. She closed her eyes and breathe in slowly and fondly until her chest raised completely. Then let out all the air inside her. She had to do this. She can do this.

Trixie got out of the shower, wrap the towel around her boobs, and started blow-drying her hair while brushing it. After leaving it all fluffy she headed to her room and changed into her outfit She did her makeup, a neutral eye, eyelashes, eyeliner, and a mauve lip. She grabbed a little steel bottle filled with vodka, took a sip, and slipped it in her purse. She called an uber and went to the hotel lobby. As she was sitting waiting for the uber she heard a familiar voice. Her eyes shoot up, following the sound. It was a girl with black and purple hair, a black shiny t-shirt dress, fishnets, and black boots. Talking with the receptionist. The girl looked to the side. Trixie recognized her immediately. It was Adore. Trixie checked her phone, both to see where the uber was and try to not get clocked by Adore. Thankfully for Trixie, the uber was about to get to the hotel. She saw Adore sit on a coach pretty far from her, probably waiting for her uber like Trixie. Two minutes later Trixie's uber pulled up, she stood up and walked out the door. She felt eyes on her, she turned around. Adore was looking at her, Adore's face went from a fast shock to a smile. Trixie quickly got in the car.

-

Katya went into the party smiling, everyone was waiting for her. They cheered. Her coworkers, friends, and old friends. Violet and Adore hugged her. Bob joined and they started talking. Katya got to know that Violet was now a model, runway, and magazine model. Adore had a band and she was doing shows in LA for nightclubs regularly every weekend. She even showed Katya a few of their recorded songs. Ginger met Adore and Violet. She knew about Violet and even took a picture with her. 

It was like two worlds clashing together. Katya's teenage friends with Katya's adult friends. But she knew someone was missing and she was wondering if she would show up. The night went on, most were drunk and dancing. She was surprised Violet could dance in a corset. Katya was against the wall with her coke soda, She wanted to smoke. She looked for her jacket and purse, took out the cigarette box and her lighter. Headed to the back exit of the party salon. She lit up her cigarette and let the taste of the smoke fill her mouth and lungs. Closed her eyes and threw her head back as she exhaled.

"I see you liked my gift"