Chapter Twenty-Two

Katya walked into the school halls. Her head looking down. She has no make-up on and she looked like she hadn't slept in days. She didn't need to see the look on people's faces, the disgust, and the judgment. Lately, Katya sank in herself, letting herself fall into a vicious cycle of overthinking and guilt. She had guilt for talking like that to her friends before, and she was guilty for it because she decided to buy the drugs and take them. Then there was Brian, she tried shoving it in the back of her head. But the day it happened and the day after was total agony. Her head was filled with images of the moment and she had a nightmare about it, She woke up crying. Katya knew what mistakes she made in the past when this happened, she wouldn't let this defeat her, she wouldn't let the space it left consume her again. And there's Trixie, who she was an asshole too. 

Katya knew that a very big part of that was fear of what Brian would do, but she also lost herself in the arguments. Katya ran her mouth, not thinking through any of what was coming out of it. She focused on being hurtful but that didn't even work. She has to get out of this hell hole, and Bob gave the first shine of hope for Katya of getting her life back. Katya walked to her locker immediately she was a little bag hanging from it. She grabbed it and opened it. Bob gave her a phone. This phone couldn't be tracked if no one finds out about it, this was a way out. She turned it on and it already had all the contacts in it, this was maybe the first time Katya felt real happiness in days without the involvement of substances.

Katya

Hi!

Thank you so much Bob

But, why is Trixie's contact not here?

Bob

Hi Katya

Trixie, she moved.

Katya

What do you mean

Bob

She moved to another state.

She sent me, Violet, and Adore a text saying it and then blocked us. I thought she did the same to you.

Katya

No

She didn't

Katya tried to hold the tears, biting her lips. She's gone, for real. Katya can't even text her. Katya can't call her. Katya can't see her and neither hear her. Trixie is gone. She closed the locker loudly and walked to the bathroom with her hands in the pockets of her hoodie. Katya regretted everything she said to Trixie. She regretted everything she did. There were other ways around but Katya was so fucking stupid and lazy to go with any other than being an asshole. She was a bad person. Trixie was gone, and Katya wasn't mad at her. Katya was mad at herself. She opened the door to the bathroom and got in one of the stalls. She started searching for the clear bag. She left it in one of her pockets. As she was searching someone got into the bathroom.

"Katya I know you are here" Bob started looking in every stall. "And I know you're here to do drugs" Katya stayed in silence until Bob hit the door with her fist, making a loud noise.

"Shit!" Katya said in surprise.

"Let me in Katya!" Katya saw the lock being moved.

"She left and I was an asshole, I deserve this." Katya kept on searching

"Even you know they are bad for you! hurting yourself won't fix anything you idiot!" Bob broke the lock with a kick. "Give me that!" Bob grabbed the bag Katya was trying to open that had a few pills in it. "Forget about this fucking pills" He opened the bag and threw the pills in the toilet, flushing them.

"Bob those are expen-!"

"Do you think I care? Do you think I care how expensive those are when those kill you Katya?" Bob said looking at Katya.

"I don't kn-"

"If you wanna get out of this you gotta stop fucking taking these."

"What if I can't"

"I'm sorry but rehab."

"No no no, I can do it without rehab."

"You can if you trust yourself enough Kat" Bob held her hand and rubbed her knuckles. "You have gotten out of this before, remember? And also, relapse is a part of recovery. You already know what this drug does to you. You don't want old self back right?"

"I don't, at all"

"You say you hated what yourself for the things you said. For the things this drug has made you say. The fix for this is not taking it. Kat I know you are strong enough." Bob started tearing up when she saw Katya tearing up. Bob extended his arms and they hugged.

"I love you, Katya."

"I love you more."

Katya closed her eyes, taking in all that Bob said. Not one lie in those words. If Katya got out once she could get out twice. As they were hugging she heard steps coming near them. Katya opened her eyes, looking up at Violet. 

"What happened?" Violet said, getting closer to them.

"She found out about Trixie moving and other things... I guess Katya will tell you about that." Bob broke the hug, still holding Katya's hands.

"Do you wanna tell me about the other things Kat?" Violet squatted to be face to face with Katya.

"It's about Brian..."

"What the fuck did he do" Violet's voice got louder and Bob laid a hand on her arm, telling her to calm down.

"He was the one in charge of taking a look on me, to check that I didn't talk to Trixie or any of you. And if he found out I was he would rape me, again" Katya cried more. "He did" Katya fell into Violet's arms. 

"I got back into drugs because I couldn't push you all away sober" Katya sobbed "I couldn't stand being conscious while saying those things"

"I'm so sorry Katya" Violet rubbed Katya's back. "We will help you get out of this"

"I hope"