Chapter Twenty-Four

-New York, 2021.

Both of them were sitting down, each stirring their cups of tea. 

"So" Katya started "I guess I have to explain my behavior."

"And I have to too, but" Trixie held out her pinkie and Katya smiled. "Do we promise to not get mad at each other?"

"Yes, of course, we do" Katya hooked her pinkie with Trixie's. "First, I wanna say that yes I was an asshole and I'm sorry although as you probably already know it was mostly because of drugs."

"I know it was because of something else too, but I never find out what it was."

"Oh, that's, um"

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to"

"No, yeah I want to" Katya took a fast breath. "I just haven't talked about it for a while." Katya brought a hand to her face in a fist, covered her mouth, and gulped. "While I was treating you like shit and doing drugs, someone was looking over me, checking I wasn't talking to you." Trixie opened her eyes subtly in surprise. "That person was Brian. And he, Trixie, He did it. He did it again." Katya was cut off by a hug. 

"He's gone Katya, it's okay." Trixie held Katya tightly. Katya needed the hug.

"It happened just after we had the last argument before you moved." Katya said, holding in tears.

"I'm sorry I didn't come back sooner" Trixie broke the hug and held Katya's hands instead. "It was selfish."

"But I did hurt you a lot." Katya knew they both fucked up, but she fucked up worse.

"Katya that wasn't you, I thought it was but it wasn't." Trixie made a pause. "And even when I knew that wasn't you I still didn't come back." She rubbed Katya's hand. "I didn't want to give you the satisfaction of having me back so easily, it was selfish and immature and just shitty behavior."

"But you're here now." Katya said while they stared at each other's eyes.

"I am, and this time we aren't teenagers anymore." Trixie had to said it, she couldn't hold it anymore. "Is it stupid to still have a crush on you."

"If it is then call me the stupidest woman in the world." Katya laughed softly.

"I was so worried about telling you!"

"Why?" Katya chuckled

"Maybe you lost feelings or something, like I don't know. Maybe you would have been like "We are adults Trixie" or some bullshit like that."

"So, you, as a certified vibe checker, got the vibe that I would say that?"

"You have to be prepared for every outcome."

"That seems like a recepie for morbid fantasies."

"Cause it is!" Trixie widened her eyes, exaggerating what she said. Both of them laughed.

"I love the dress that you're wearing, suits your personality."

"Since when do you call tits personality?"

"No, but seriously! It fits your vibe" Katya smiled after saying the last word.

"Shut up" Trixie laughed. "Your dress suits you too, you look... gorgeous."

"Eyes up here you pervert." 

"I just turn into a teenager when put in front of you."

"You're also still drunk."

"I still think you're hot without being drunk." Trixie went up Katya's arm with her fingers.

"You're saying that while drunk." Katya smiled with grabbing Trixie's hand, stopping it.