Chapter Thirteen.

Author's note: Hi! I hope you enjoy this chapter. You can comment whatever you please and if you have any questions I'm open to answering them!

-New York, 2021.

Trixie took a few steps forward to rest her arm against the wall, looking forward to Katya and closer to Katya.

"Remember when you promised me you would be my weather woman?"

Trixie was shaken by the question, impressed that Katya could still remember the promise that Trixie shoved at the back of her mental attic for so long. Scared to bring it back and nervous to be mentioned.

"Katya," Trixie said with a nostalgic smile looking down, letting a light chuckle come out of her mouth.

"What are you laughing about?" Katya said trying to hide the little hurt in her voice. Trixie knew not to look at Katya's face.

"Kat, we were teenagers" Trixie wanted to make it look like she didn't care about the promise she made several years ago, any grown adult wouldn't care about it. So she shouldn't care about it.

"We haven't changed much tho" Katya lifted one of her shoulders up and down.

"You literally haven't talked to me in like 10 years, I am a grown person. A responsible adult. I have my shit together and I only need myself to be fulfilled in this life"

"Are you practicing your affirmations?"

"Shut up!" Trixie slapped Katya's arm.

"Should we go inside?" Katya said tilting her head towards the wall.

Trixie thought about it. She could tell her that she needs to go early to the hotel, or that she has something else to attend to. She could book a new flight and go home tonight and come back to what has become her comfort zone. She grabbed her bottle and took a big sip, filling her cheeks with the burning liquid. "Yeah"

Katya reached the door and opened it for Trixie. The inside didn't have a lot of lighting, only a few colors of led lights in the corners and hanging off the ceiling like they were rainbow raindrops. The floor was wooden and the wall and ceiling were painted black, the place filled with wooden tables and black couches against the walls. With a bar that was decorated with more led lights and neon stuff. 

Katya grabbed her arm and brought her near the black couches. Katya left her cigarettes and lighter there and brought Trixie to the dancefloor to then trail off talking to someone else, typical Katya. She danced to the music a bit, then decided to go towards the bar. She sat on a chair and took off the jacket she was wearing, leaving it on the chair she was sitting in. "A vodka soda please!" She screamed at the bartender because the music was too loud. The bartender started preparing her drink. "Put a little more vodka please" She took the drink. "Thank you!"

"Strange to see you here"

Trixie turned around, it was Violet.

"You finally showed up" Violet said mixing her drink with the straw.

"I don't wanna and don't have time to fight"

"Barbie calm down, we aren't fighting" She took a sip "Just having a conversation"

"Okay," Trixie looked at Violet in silence. She knows Violet is a model now, from her old friend group Violet is the one she knows the most from. Violet always put a kind of wall between her and Trixie. When Trixie thought she was getting closer to her, Violet showed the opposite. Either by making arguments out of nothing or just being cold with her out of the blue. So staking Violet was the one that hurt the less.

"I know you're at least a bit mad at me Violet"

"mhm" Violet said while drinking

"I just want you to know I didn't betray Katya. I didn't make the best decisions? Yeah of course. But Katya didn't either, and that's what caused it. So if you don't get over it there's no use in talking to me. I'm here now, I'm gonna try to be here for Katya." Trixie looked to the dancefloor, finding Katya dancing with a Ginger woman. "Who's that?" Trixie raised her head a bit.

"That's Ginger, Katya's coworker," Violet said turning to the dancefloor too.

"Where is she working?" 

"A news channel, democracy now." Violet stood up and walked away. "See you later Trix!"

Trixie was surprised, she always watches that news channel. She always had a connection to Katya, no matter how direct or not direct it is. She wasted so much time, and she is wasting time right now by trying to hide what she truly feels from Katya. Her mind turns into the one of a teenager when put in front of Katya. Filled with promises and fantasies. 
It was like two forces fighting each other every time she opens her mouth to talk to Katya. One tells her to open up and probably kiss her, and the other tells her to shut up and act cold and distanced. And the second one was winning the fight so far.

"Do you wanna dance?" A familiar voice came from behind her, she turned to where it was coming from.

Katya was standing in front of her with the biggest grin on her face, she wished she could frame that smile for whenever she felt sad. 

"Yes," as soon as the words came out of Trixie's mouth Katya brought her onto the dancefloor.

At first, the dance was a bit separated, Katya moving her arms in all directions and Trixie bumping her body and head to the music laughing because of Katya. Katya grabbed Trixie's hand and made her spin, Trixie was a bit surprised but she was having fun so she decided to let loose. Soon they were dancing grabbing each other's hands, doing twirls, going back and forth, and spinning. Katya let go of one and extended her arms, Trixie did the same. Trixie rolled into Katya, Katya hugged her.

"I've missed you," Katya said quietly like it was only meant for Trixie to hear.

"I've missed you too."