Chapter Twenty-Seven

Trixie and Katya sat on Katya's couch having tea, in comfortable silence. Trixie covered her legs with one of the furry blankets and Katya joined her. Katya remembers when a few hours ago she was over thinking about Trixie. What if Katya hadn't come out for a smoke? None of this would had happened. What if Trixie's hotel room would have been available? Trixie would be probably already leaving, or getting ready to do so. Katya found herself feeling grateful. Grateful that the one person she loved was smart enough to finally come back. But once that's done, what comes next? Katya wasn't one to talk about destiny or faith, but she thought that she had to leave that to the destiny, hoping Trixie would somehow stay.

"I never thought this could happen," Katya said staring out of the window to the big city.

"I never did either." Trixie turned back to face Katya. "I always tried forgetting you, it seemed dumb to still think about you years after."

"I expected you to think like that but like, actually forget it."

"I sure pretend I forgot. Kept trying to find something to make my mind stop thinking about you."

"Something?" Katya wanted further explanation

"Something and someone." Trixie looked into her cup. "I met this girl, her name's Courtney." Trixie looked at Katya again. "As you probably guessed it didn't work out."

"Why?"

"I called her your name accidentally one day," Trixie said deadpan

"Oh. My. God" Katya said before falling into hysterical laughter. Trixie smiled at the reaction. "I had my failed attempts to forget you too. Way too many even."

"Oh"

"I had lots and lots of one-night stands." Katya widened her eyes. "It felt good until they left before I woke up." Katya looked down.

"I had those too."

"It sucked to be here without you Trixie," Katya said looking into her eyes, the honesty shining through her blue orbs.

"Katya, what do we do now?" Trixie was lost, she can't go back to her boring life like nothing happened, she can't just from one day to another leave her job and find another one here in the two weeks she gets of vacation. 

"I... I don't know. Whatever you want Trix, it's your choice." Katya took a sip of tea. "You'll always be welcome here."

"Is it crazy if I stay a bit longer? I didn't tell you, but Yesterday was the first day of my two-week holiday." Trixie came up with the idea, two weeks was definitely enough time to think things through, and to check how stuff could work with Katya. "I'll stay with my friend, Kim. I'll visit you, of course, I just, I don't wanna fuck this up." Trixie said hoping for Katya to agree.

"It's okay Trixie, I love that plan." Katya showed her white pearls with a wide smile, any worries Trixie had thought in the span of those thirty seconds disappeared. 

"Can I kiss you?" Trixie asked, and Katya nodded. Short and sweet. Familiar.

-

"So you two did fuck! Ha, I knew it!" Kim yelled on the phone.

"Shut up!" Trixie chuckled. "Just come pick me up, I have all my stuff here."

"Okay, but you'll tell me everything the minute I'm there," Kim said before hanging up the phone.

Trixie smiled before putting her phone in her pocket, and she laid against the wall with both of her suitcases beside her. She looked at the sky-high buildings and the crowds of people flooding the streets. She could understand why Katya lived here, the city that never sleeps, filled with sounds, lights, and excitement. It fit her perfectly. Katya was back in her life. Was she? was this stupid? what if it didn't work out? Trixie's palm started sweating. What if she was a failure here in new york? She would have to go back to her black and white life. Wasn't this all too fast? An adult takes things slow, adults always figure stuff out and have plans. Trixie started searching into her purse before stopping herself. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Each person has their own rhythm. Each person figures stuff out in their own way. There isn't any book written about what or how an adult is or should be. Trixie was interrupted by a honk.

"Come here!" Kim yelled from the driver's seat. Trixie approached her. "How much for a blow job?"

"Oh fuck you" Trixie laughed. "Help me with the suitcases." And so did Kim, after a tight hug of course.

"So you two reunited." Kim wiggled her eyebrows.

"You make it sound like we only had sex, it was much more than that." Trixie gestured with her hand, throwing it around loosely. "I gave her the Pendrive with the videos for her birthday. She gave me her journal. It was nice." Trixie smiled. "We made breakfast together, we sat on couch talking and laughing just before I came to get my stuff." 

"Jesus you sound just like you did when you were 17."

"Shut up I don't." Trixie rolled her eyes, she knew she did. "I'm worried tho, what am I doing now."

"That's up to you."

"Why does everybody say that? It isn't helpful."

"Because it is Trixie it's up to you." Kim exhaled. "Like you took the big choice of coming here you can choose to stay here. Only what you feel should matter. It's up to you."

"Would you help me find a job?" Trixie asked her friend.

"Of course."

"Could I stay at your place?"

"Yeah, although I know that means being at Katya's 70% of the time," Kim said as Trixie rolled her eyes.   

"I'm gonna try for a week, we'll see how it turns out."