Week 10 Part 7 (Saturday)

"Lilly, wake up," Pressley yells and I fall off the bed in surprise.

     There's a bout of silence before we burst out into tired laughter. I rub my arm a bit. Nothing hurts bad.

     "Your mom wants to do your hair and makeup ahead of the competition. My mom's coming over to keep me company. Put on this outfit and go to room 207," Pressley continues and tosses me the pink outfit.

     "Thanks," I say before going to the bathroom to change.

     I take off the band-aid and see it healed nicely overnight. I add foundation and setting powder to my wrists, and I add some blue eyeshadow to create the vein again. I put on the pink hoodie and black leggings. I look at myself in the mirror. At least it covers everything. I don't know what my costume looks like though for my solo. You're going to be the fattest kid on stage, Lilliana. Everybody else is so skinny, and you're not.

     I brush out my hair and I exit the bathroom. I quickly double-check my bag to make sure I have everything that I brought. I give Pressley a big hug and I see Ms. Ashley enter the room. We exchange a quick hello before I go across the hall to my Mom's room. I knock on the door and Mom answers the door. I guess she roomed with Ms. Ashley because I see Pressley's leotard on the chair.

     Mom makes me sit down on the chair and pulls my hair back tightly into a bun with a lot of hair gel. Then she adds this pink crystal headpiece that is kinda like the cap from my trio, but nothing sticking out from it, and it's a lot more octopus-looking. The headpiece makes your head look wider than it already is, Lilliana.

     I then do my makeup, which consists of heavy contour and a bright pink matte lip that almost makes my lips look red. Once that's over, Mom and I head to the lobby where Hannah and Ms. Ann are waiting.

    "That's so cool!" Hannah exclaims as she notices my headpiece.

    "I heard Studio 19 is going to be right up front and center when we arrive," Ms. Ann reveals and I laugh a bit.

    "We're gonna beat them. No problem," I lie through my teeth.

     Truth be told, I'm pretty nervous. Studio 19 is good. Studio 19 is better than you, Lilliana. They're gonna beat your ass. Brady and Gia's solos are so much better than yours.

     "Raisin?" Hannah offers, nibbling on some.

     "No, thanks. I don't really like them, but thanks," I tell her, and she shrugs before eating.

      I don't really like raisins in general. And plus, they're probably coated in sugar and everything. I pull out my phone and play some Subway Surfers. Pressley comes down next, then Elliana, then Brady, and Gia. Ms. Abby and Ms. Gianna arrive last, both do a quick head count, and then we are on our way to the bus.

     I find an empty seat near the moms, and I put my bag in the seat next to me. It's not too far from the competition from the hotel, so I don't mind starting a movie or anything, just look out the window. I'm too anxious about the leotard to really socialize.

      "Oh my god! Look at Studio 19!" Ms. Joanne exclaims and we all press our noses to the door.

      Studio 19 has big banners and is chanting some sort of chant that is inaudible.

      "They did not come to play," Ms. Ashley reports and we all murmur in agreement.

      "Ladies and Brady, be courteous to our competition when entering. Psych them out on the stage, not out here. They want to mess with our heads, and you will not allow it! Now put on a smile and walk out there!" Ms. Abby yells as the bus door opens.