Week 16 Part 2 (Friday)

"What's happening?" I scream.

     "Lilly, you had an overdose on Rohypnol," one of the nurses says.

     "What's Rohypnol?" I ask.

     "It's a bad drug. Where did you get it?" she asks.

     "I didn't get anything!" I shriek, and a nurse comes in with some black powder.

     "Lilly, this is activated charcoal. You're going to need to throw up for me," the nurse says.

     I'm so overwhelmed. What is happening? I take a second to process it as I'm force-fed something. I overdosed on a drug I didn't know existed. Which means I didn't do it. Who the hell drugged me? There are so many people taking notes. I look over and Stella's bed is empty. I start crying.

     "Where's Mommy?" I cry, my stomach starting to hurt.

     "She didn't pick up the phone. Can someone other than Mark call her again?" the nurse calls.

     "Why does my stomach hurt?" I shout, doubling over.

     "Disoriented, confused. She's not comprehending well," the nurse calls out.

     "If you need to vomit, here's a trash can," the nurse says, handing me one.

     I'm in so much pain. Everything hurts. This is like how I felt two weeks ago. My body had just started to feel warm again, and now it's cold and I feel weak and dizzy again, my stomach in so much pain.

     "She'll be here in fifteen minutes," a nurse yells.

     "Mom's gonna be here soon, Lilly. I need you to throw up for me," the nurse says.

     Right as she says that, I start coughing. I feel something go up my throat. I grab the trash can and I start throwing up. Black stuff starts coming up. A fire starts in my throat. Why is there black stuff?

     "What is this-" I begin, puking, "-black stuff?"

     "Activated charcoal. We needed to get the Rohypnol out of you. Your mom will be here soon. We're going to transfer you to a private room here," the nurse decides, and they very quickly get a wheelchair.

     The stand with my food comes with me. All the monitors on my heart and chest are disconnected. I still don't understand what's happening. All I want is Mom. I feel sick and dizzy again.

     "You're going to stay here for overnight monitoring. I'm going to need another blood toxicity test," the nurse says.

     I start puking again, but a different kind of black stuff comes out. Spiders. I scream and the walls of the hospitals start crumbling. The nurses disappear like vapor. I scream out for somebody.

     "Help! Help!" I scream, the floor starting to crumble.

     Tears start streaming down my face. Eventually, the walls and floors disappear completely. The bed falls out from under me and now I'm just falling. My lungs are failing. I can't breathe. I'm dying.

~~~~~

     "Lilly, Lilly, wake up!" Mom shouts, and I open my eyes, gasping for air.

     Immediately, I start crying, the adrenaline rushing through me. My vision starts to go blurry. I grip the collar of my pajamas, trying to get some air, but it isn't working. I'm dying.

     "Lilly, try and match your breathing to mine," Mom says, but her voice is far away, despite her holding my hands.

     "It's not working. He's going to find me," I wheeze, starting to tremble in fear and panic.