Week 12 Part 5 (Thursday)

"Are you ready, kid? For us to be on a bus until one in the morning?" Pressley shouts at eight in the morning.

     "Aye-aye captain," I groggily reply, sitting up, getting immediately dizzy as I sit up.

     "Wow, so much energy. Remember that we have to dance in four hours so buck up buttercup!" Pressley sarcastically squeals.

     "Why do you have so much energy?" I grumble, putting the pillow over my head, laughing in the pillow.

     "I don't know, but come on!" Pressley squeals again, dragging me out of bed.

     I nearly fall like a limp noodle from the altitude change of sitting to standing, slamming myself against the wall so I don't pass out. I whine out in pain, falling back on the bed, spots making me dizzy.

     "Lilly, are you okay? Talk to me," Pressley asks, leaning over me.

     "Dizzy," I mutter, Pressley, retracting away from me.

     "I'll get you some water. Lilly, you need to eat something for breakfast, okay? I don't want you passing out on stage," she mutters and I just lay there.

     She helps me up and I drink some water. A little bit of energy runs through my body as I realize: water is power. Calorie-less power. I stumble to my suitcase and I grab some two-calorie gum.

     "That's not food. It has less than five calories, Lilly," Pressley groans.

     "I can't eat breakfast. I'm sorry, Pressley. I can't," I quietly say, ashamed of myself.

     "You know what? Just eat something today, alright?" Pressley compromises, and I reluctantly agree.

     I do have 300 calories today, so I can be a little more lenient. Maybe I'll have some breakfast. If you eat breakfast, you can't eat anything else, Lilliana. Anything more will cause you to become fat.

     I need to eat something today or else I'm afraid Pressley will snitch. Should I eat breakfast or lunch or dinner? Lunch would be better today, I think. But Ms. Abby will be eating dinner with us, so I guess I'll eat dinner.

     "I'll have dinner. That's when Ms. Abby is eating with us," I announce out loud as Pressley is getting changed.

     "Ok. I'm proud of you," Pressley states through the bathroom door and I can hear the straightener run through her hair.

     Proud of me. Sure, Mom's always proud of me when I win at competitions, but I don't remember the last time Mom has ever said they're proud of me outside of dance, even in my bulimia recovery. I kind of sit there in shock until she comes out, and I go in.

     Today is fruit day. To be honest, I feel like this is one of the weaker themes, but I managed to make it work. From Forever 21, I put on a pink camisole with cherries on it and matching shorts, along with cherry gator clips.

     I put on white Chuck Taylors from Rackroom Shoes, a white cropped denim jacket from Nordstrom, and some cherry earrings, and a white "pearl" necklace from Claire's. I switch out my phone case to a pink one with cherries dotted on them, and I braid my hair, keeping a couple of strands of hair in the front so the gator clips won't go to waste.

     My hair is still falling out a little, but it doesn't look like I'm going bald anytime soon. I put on some pink makeup with a red lip tint that's very glossy. Very cherry-like. After I take my medicine, I walk out and for once, look at Pressley. She is banana-themed, wearing head-to-toe bananas.

     "If you're only going to eat some dinner, please have this coconut water. It has a lot of electrolytes," Pressley begs, handing me a coconut water bottle worth 90 calories.