Week 13 Part 1 (Sunday)

Tweet, tweet. Chirp, chirp. Six o'clock. Birds are ringing. It's getting a little annoying. I should probably change the alarm. Oh, well. It's too early for this, but I guess I should get used to it when I get back to America.

     Pressley groans and pulls the pillow over her head. I stumble to her bed nearby and pull it off. We can't be late for church. Instantly, I hear a knock at the door as Pressley tries to push me away.

     "Who is it? I can't see through the peephole!" I call out.

     "Ashley and Stacey," Ashley calls out.

     I open the door and they're standing in the doorway, looking very church-ready. I let them in and I realize they're holding our dresses. Ashley starts waking up Pressley a little bit more and Mom hands me my dress to put on. I go into the bathroom and very carefully put the dress on.

     It looks really good on me. Really, really cute, yet sophisticated and pretty. Very... Lilly. This is the first time I've been really confident in something. I carefully put on silver sandals so I don't rip the dress and reenter the room.

     "Look at you!" Mom exclaims, and I giggle awkwardly.

     She takes so many photos and I feel like a little princess, getting photographed. The before pictures. Before I eat the amount that a cow would eat. I'm going to grow two sizes today. But it's Easter. It's still very stressful.

     Pressley awakens enough to put on her dress. It's very feathery at the bottom, and a shimmery champagne color. Very, very beautiful. I even take some photos for myself. She's so pretty in the dress. You're so ugly in your dress, Lilliana. It's so childish.

     I sit down on my bed so Mom can do my hair and makeup. Ashley and Mom fawn over us the entire time. We all watch some SpongeBob Squarepants as Mom curls both of our hair, adding the headbands, and Ashley does our makeup.

     My headband is a bunch of light coral fabric looped together, with a thin layer of tulle. Pressley's is the champagne feathers on her skirt portion of the dress, but on her head. They're both super cute. Pressley puts on these big heavy winter boots instead of sandals.

     "Ready to go?" Mom asks, handing me my medicine.

     I swallow it, smile, and reply, "Yup!"

     I'm so anxious about eating. I should probably get used to this. Holidays, where big celebrations full of food are involved, are always going to be stressful to me as long as I'm starving myself.

     By now, it's seven in the morning. Church starts in an hour. Hannah and Gia are waiting in the lobby, Ann and Joanne very dolled up. Hannah's wearing this purple dress with a bunch of shimmery flowers on it.

     "It's so weird being so fancy in this hotel lobby! I feel like we're part of the hotel!" Hannah exclaims.

     "We're proper ladies now!" Gia says in one of the worst British accents I've ever heard in my entire life.

     I fix my posture and wave my hand like The Queen, gaining some giggles. The church is half an hour away, so we need Sarah and Brady to come. And quickly. We wait around for a few minutes, constantly checking our phones for times, the moms starting to order for Ubers.

     Running down the hallway are Sarah and Brady, Sarah holding her shoes in her hands. Brady is wearing this pink dress shirt with a navy blazer, tan pants, balck shoes, a plaid bowtie, and this tweed cap.

     "Sorry we're late! I burned the back of Sarah's neck with the curling iron!" Michelle explains.

     "It still hurts," Sarah sulks, and shows us the nasty burn about the size of a quarter.