Week 12 Part 7 (Saturday)

Well, here it is. Our last performance for the tour. Leaving in two days back to Dance Moms. Waking up is becoming a bigger task, exerting more of my limited energy just to stand up. But I don't feel too bad today.

     "Last performance. This sucks," Pressley announces out loud and I mumble in agreement.

     "Let's make it our best!" I exclaim enthusiastically, and we both smile.

     Of course, this is another performance where I have to wear another leotard. And if I have to skip out on another performance, then everybody will be suspicious. But I want to save my calories for Easter.

     My stomach is practically begging for food. I fill it up with water as I begin to get changed. Today is neon day. A cool concept. I have a black lettuce edge shirt from Forever 21, a pair of neon green leather pants from Nordstrom, white Crocs from Foot Locker, accompanied with a glow-in-the-dark ring, a puka shell necklace, and silver star stud earrings from Claire's.

     My phone case and very, very, very dull razor go into a glow-in-the-dark phone case with moons and stars. Luckily, the razor doesn't block out any glow. I do my makeup pretty naturally for the performance.

     Pressley gets changed after. She's wearing a very neon dress that makes my eyes hurt. As I take my pills, she does my hair in a crown braid thing as I had it yesterday, but in a ponytail.

     "Lilly, your hair is falling out," Pressley exclaims.

     "I know," I drably respond.

     She sighs in disappointment and finishes up the hairstyle. She does her hair and makeup. I turn on some Nicky Ricky Dicky & Dawn for us to watch. I'm surprised they have these shows in London.

     Pressley eats some berries and toast for breakfast, and I steal a raspberry and a strawberry for some strength. One calorie for the raspberry and two calories for the strawberry. My stomach is very thankful, and I'm glad it at least doesn't feel full.

     By the end of the show, it's 9:00. Our performance space is just next door. Why did we put on our normal street clothes anyway if we're going to have to change in an hour? I don't know.

     When Pressley and I get into the lobby, nobody is there. Pressley suddenly gets a ping on her phone. After looking at it for a second, she starts rushing out the door.

     "Where are you going?" I yell after her, running to keep up.

     "Next door. Everybody's already there!" Pressley exclaims as I finally catch up with her at the doors.

     And right at the entrance, everybody is waiting around for something.

     "The owner won't let us in!" Sarah laughs as Ms. Abby is having a very heated argument.

     "You don't understand! I am Abby Lee Miller! I rented this space out for my kids to meet their fans!" Ms. Abby yells.

     Everybody is silently laughing, doubling over. This is hilarious and it keeps going on and on for ten minutes. I don't find much fun anymore, but this triggers an actual dopamine release.

     "I need to see your boss! I made a reservation! Ok, ok, ok. Well, I just need to get into the building so my kids can perform!" Ms. Abby screams.

     Hannah grabs a bobby pin out of her hair and starts to pick the lock. Ms. Ann stops her, scolding her. It may be illegal, but it's sure damn funny. Ms. Abby goes on for what seems like hours, getting more aggravated by the second.

     And then we hear a click. We all turn our heads to the doors and someone is standing there, making us jump. Ms. Abby hangs up her phone as somebody unlocks the door. We all finally start to burst into laughter, some of us collapsing on each other and falling to the ground.