Chapter 1-3

Sept. 30, 2015 Wed.

  Audrey's eyes sprung wide open again—sweat covered her face. She was back in her bed. Her alarm clock read 6:00 am. She opened her latest diary and wrote every minute detail she could remember of her nightmare; recounting it almost to perfection. It was not a nightmare she'd forget so easily. Rarely had a dream stuck with her this much. Once her entry was logged, she readied up and ate cereal with her little brother.

  "Another sleepless night honey?" Her mom asked.

  "Yeah," Audrey replied groggily.

  "I'll be sure to let your dad know to bring a new pillow honey," her mom said, kissing audreys head.

  Audrey got as much rest as she could on the car ride, but the ride to school wasn't so long. She arrived at her usual departure spot, the side entrance where she went through the same motions everyday: pass by peers, look down, pick her thumbs, etc. Only today, Looz and Sam were there waiting. Audrey got out of her car to meet them.

  "Bye Mama, I love you," she said, waving goodbye

  "Love you too honey," she said. She blew a kiss to her.

  Looz and Sam walk up to the car.

  "Good morning Mrs. Perrin." They said in unison.

  "Good morning girls," she said,"Be careful with her, she's tired and grumpy!"

  "Mama!" Audrey said. Her eyes rolled in annoyance.

  "Will do mrs. Perrin!" Looz said.

  They all went through the same routine, although something bothered Audrey. She couldn't focus on them or anything around her, all that came to mind was her dream.

  "Want to use my sweater again to nap?" Sam asked.

  Audrey normally would have liked that, but today it bothered her. Everything around her was the same as yesterday, as if she was living the same day.

  "It's A day today right?" Audrey asked. Not realizing she ignored Sam's question.

  "B day Dri, 5th period first today," Looz said.

  "I feel like we had this conversation before," Audrey said.

  "Cuz we did, thousands of times, you have a very predictable pattern," Looz said.

Predictable?

  The bell rang and they headed to their respective classes. Audrey maneuvered around the crowd so as to not make contact with anyone. On her way up to the second floor she ran into the head of the yearbook club, Anthony Toriello.

  "The elusive Audie, always escaping my photos but I got you now," he said. He hurriedly snapped a photo of Audrey—who had no reaction time to hide away. "Nobody is getting left out of the year book under my watch!" He went along his way. Audrey wanted to say something but she knew she wouldn't have, She was too tired to deal with that.

  She finally made it to her Trigonometry class. It wasn't a class she was great at but she didn't care today, she rested her head for the hour and a half she had until her next class, Physics. Once again going through her usual motions and sitting in the back of the class.

  It was much easier for her to avoid everyone here in the beginning because they were all huddled around Natalie. Natalie sat 3 rows ahead of her. She watched as Natalie converse with her peers, laughing and smiling. it was as if Everything Natalie said was an angel choir to them. Audrey wondered how someone could like all that attention—maybe deep down, she wanted to be like her.