Chapter 17-5

Natalie
Earlier in the day

  Natalie's parents always entrusted the house to her when they went on their dates so she could have her parties. Natalie wanted them to stay since it was only a small get together but her parents like going out just as much as they loved working.

  "You're in charge of keeping the house clean and now drinking or drugs!" Her dad said. He kissed her head and left the house. Her mother kissed her too and said, "Merry christmas Natty, we'll be home late so have fun!"  She gave a wink and then in break neck speed change to a serious tone. "Not too much fun," She said with her pointer finger raised. Another quick smile then she was gone.

  Natalie looked forward to the get-together. The first to arrive was, of course, Jacob. She was always surprised that Audrey was never first despite living down the street, But this time Audrey did let her know she'd be over later in the day. It was a sunny Christmas Eve but had a cool gentle breeze. It was a warm day for jacob who showed up in a jeans and a short sleeved shirt that hugged his torso very nicely. He carried one big present and another tote bag with him.

  The next person to show up was Emma, who brought Micah. Niko was next and brought most of the Lacrosse gang with him. They brought with them beer, which was something Natalie didn't think theyd do. It was by no means that kind of party. She had planned hot cocoa, cookies and smores. Jacob was enthusiastic about them being her so she put aside her grif for him.

  Then something she didn't plan happened. The sun grew lower and audrey wasn't there yet but instead groups of people that she didn't invite were there. Danielle showed up with a a small group of her cross country friends. Then sam and her boyfriend. Natalie hurried through people that were now making themselves comfy in her living room. Jessica and some other girls were by The Christmas tree taking group selfies. One girl accidentally knocked over an ornament that broke.

  "Hey! Watch the tree!" Natalie shouted. This wasn't exactly how she pictured tonight going. Natalie grabbed Danielle and Sam and pulled them aside near the entrance.

  "What's all this?" She asked as if she didn't know. It had to have been the only other person that wanted a party, but she wanted to avoid confronting her.

  "What do you mean?" danielle asked.

  "I thought maybe you changed your mind about being lowkey. I mean I don't mind." Sam said. In the short amount of time the "guests" arrived, the volume of her house went up to eleven. By the time night fell, Almost the entire senior class was there. Everyone but Audrey, Looz and Adrian.

  Natalie Rushed through the crowd, not bothering to hide the look of disdain. There was a spin the bottle game in the living room, people playing games in the entertainment room, banter and beer pong in the kitchen and people cozing up by the fire outside. Someone even ordered pizza! It frustrated Natalie how these people could just barge into someones house and treat it like their own. Jacob was in queue to play beer pong when Natalie approached him.

"Babe, have you seen Emma?"

  "No why?"

  Chris butted into their conversation. "I think she went with Niko to the restroom," he nudged jacobs arm and gave a suggestive look. Natalie was disgusted.

  "Is Audrey going—" Chris's question faded into the background noise as Natalie stormed off to All of the restrooms in the house. She found—or rather heard— them upstairs in Natalies personal restroom. Muffled giggles and soft moans.

  Natalie pounded on the door! "Emma! I need to have a word with you!"

  Niko could be heard freaking out and emma annoyed. Emma opened up the door, frustration written all over her face. Niko Stood behind her as casually as he could, his face red with embarrassment.