Chapter 15-2

Dec. 1, 2015

Natalie

Natalie rushed out of her theater class when it was time for lunch. She and Emma were latched arm in arm.

"Where are we going, Nat?" Emma said, trying her best to keep up. She sounded Annoyed.

"We are getting Audrey, We got loads to tell you about the choir show," Natalie said.

Suddenly Emma stopped in her tracks. Natalie only noticed because of the resistance she gave off. She turned to look at her and her expression was less than pleased.

"I already had to spend Trig seeing that fake ass bitch, I don't think I want to spend my lunch with her," she said. "And why are you still hanging around her? Does my judgment mean nothing to you?"

The way Emma spoke and the tone attracted unwanted eyes. Natalie scooted in closer.

"Look!" she hissed. "I spent Thanksgiving break with her and I can guarantee you, you have the wrong idea about her."

The look of pure spite on Emma's face was unreal. Natalie had never seen her look so angry and so betrayed.

"You were hanging out with her?" she asked.

Natalie felt ashamed. But why? There was no reason to be. "Well, yeah. She's our friend and she lives close by."

Emma's browed furrowed and she scoffed in disgust. "Your friend..." she said.

That hurt Natalie. Why did Emma have to be so difficult? Emma was already angry, so Natalie had to choose her next words carefully.

"Look, for me, give her a chance, let's just all hang out?" Natalie said. She conveyed as much sincerity to convince her.

Emma, for a moment, seemed to lighten up. Her shoulders relaxed and she gave out a heavy sigh.

"Fine," she said through her grit teeth.

***

Authors note
Short one today! I'm runningbseriously behind! Sorry!

Editors
Elem
naomi14
Eric_Authority

Songs
Name: artist
Do-Wah-Doo: Kate Nash

Next chapter
Audrey gets dragged along to a party by Emma, with Natalie and Jacob being her only real friends there. How will she navigate through it all this time?