Chapter 15-5

4, Dec. 2015 Fri
Natalie

Natalie snuggled into Jacob's arm while they waited for their ride to the party. Audrey hadn't arrived at the house yet so they were still alone for the time being. Natalie listened to his heart for most of the time.

"You okay?" Jacob asked. His hand rubbed up and down her back slowly.

She looked up at him. "Yeah, I just love getting to spend time alone with you."

They kissed each other on the lips. Jacob grinned at her. "Want to make out before Dri gets here?' he asked.

Natalie grinned back at him. She entertained the thought—biting her lip and looking at him longingly. But she'd rather not get interrupted on the chance Audrey showed up.

"Why don't we just talk for the time being." she lifted herself off of him, her hands resting on his chest. He seemed taken aback but put his hands behind his head. "Yeah sure," he said, "About what?"

Natalie looked at him with a smile. A smile that seemed to falter just slightly. "Where you and audrey ever a thing?"

  His expression changed quickly to confusion and then he smiled at the thought. A smile like the idea was absurd. "No, why? Are you jelly?"

Natalie grew embarrassed at that. "No!" She replied quickly. She took her hands off of his chest and sat with her full weight on his hips. "I didn't think so its just-" she paused and broke eye contact with him. She pulled her hair behind her ear. "Look, Don't make fun of me when I tell you and don't say anything to Audie. Okay?"

Jacob adjusted himself to sit partly upright. He was still smiling like this whole thing was absurd. Natalie felt hurt by that just a little, but knowing he thought it was ridiculous comforted her. "I just heard some silly rumors that she's been crushing on you, and she's been trying to steal you from me, but that's crazy. Right?" She gave a faux laugh that highlighted her insecurity.

Jacob blew air and rolled his eyes. "Definitely crazy," he said. "Whoever told you that doesn't know Audrey."

Natalie sighed in relief. "Yeah, I figured it was." She laughed at the absurdness of it all. Of course, it wasn't true. But the conversation reminded her. "Oh!" she exclaimed. She hopped off him and ran upstairs.

A brief moment later she was speeding down the stairs and hopped back onto his lap. He made an oomf sound. She showed him the photo of young Audrey and him.

"Oh hey!" he seemed excited to see it. "Wow, this brings back memories. Audrey gave this to you?"

Natalie nodded. "Well, after I begged to have it. You looked so cute with your messy hair."

Jacob rubbed his hair, chuckling as he looked at the photos. Natalie adored his smile and cherished how happy he seemed to be. The moment ended with the doorbell. It was Emma.

"Hai!" she said, hugging Natalie. "You guys ready?"

"We're still waiting on Audrey. She was supposed to meet us here like half an hour ago," Natalie said. Emma rolled her eyes like she expected something like this to happen.

"Of, course she'd flake," she said. "Well, find out if your pet project is coming or not so we can go." She went over to Jacob and her sour attitude changed to be more pleasant. Natalie squinted at her, annoyed at her comment. She pulled out her phone and called Audrey.

"Hello?" Audrey said meekly.

"Hey!" Natalie said. "You heading over? Emma's here."

There was a pause. Natalie could hear audrey breathing and then she replied. "Yeah, sorry, I was just finishing getting ready."

"Alright, we'll come get you so you, don't have to walk."

***

Authors note
Hey! This chapter is stumping me for sure but I'm almost done with it! Hope you're enjoying it so far!

Editors
Elem
naomi14
Eric_Authority

Next chapter
Audrey is anfishboit of water at a party she doesn't belong at.