Chapter 2-2

Adrian

  Adrian could hardly contain his excitement, what unbelievable luck he had. The next subject took a back seat to his inner daydreams. Him tutoring Natalie—she'd be returning the longing gaze he so often gave her.

  He never thought he'd ever get a chance to talk to her, let alone get her number. Play it cool guy, you don't want to blow this.

  It was lunch time, he headed to his normal spot, Ms. Sonne's classroom. A place he liked to be. The teacher was cool and sweet; and aside from other kids in the classroom, it was a perfect setting for him to focus on writing—fitting since she taught his Creative Writing class.

  He went through his phone, putting on his music; this was definitely a time for upbeat indie music. Setting playlists for his life was something he liked to do, to relate to his characters he'd write about. A message interrupted him. His heart skipped a beat at first, but he noticed it wasn't from Natalie.

Messages

Audrey: Hey! I hope I'm not bothering you, but if you can, could you meet me at the second floor lunch tables? I have something important to discuss.

Audrey: sorry! I mean the ones across from the theater, not the library. Thank you!

  Something important?

  He changed his destination, going along the top of the third floor, down the stairs to where she was waiting with her friends.

  "Adrian! You made it!" Audrey said. She clumsily got up from her seat to greet him. She stood next to him, a bit stiff looking. She used her entire forearms to point to him, as if she was doing the robot.

  "Guys, this is Adrian," she said. Smiling with her lips pressed together. Adrian smiled similarly and greeted them all.

  From left to right Audrey introduced her friends.       

  "This is Jacob, Looz and Sam."
Adrian sat down, placing his backpack on the ground, sitting near Audrey.

  "You weren't busy were you? I didn't take you away from your friends?" Audrey asked

  "Nah you're fine, I spend most of my time in Ms, Sonnes class anyway."

  "I love her!" Audrey said. 

  "Wait. You don't hang with your friends?" Looz asked.

  "We'll I mean– I don't really socialize too often."

  She laughed. She looked at Audrey, shaking her head. "What are the odds Dri."

  "Just rotten luck sweetie," Sam said.

  "Odds of what?" He asked.

  "Want to tell him Dri?" Looz asked.

  "Tell me what?" He looked around waiting for someone to tell him what this was all about.

  "I just thought maybe you had writing friends, it's why I called you here. But never mind, my idea wouldn't have worked anyway."

  He laughed nervously, he looked to the others to help clue him in.

  "Forgive Audrey, she's extremely shy," Sam said.

  "She wanted to start a writing club with you and your friends," Looz said.

  "A writing club?" He repeated.

  "I know right? I say since that's out of the cards we go back to my idea, a gym club," Jacob said. Looz smacked his arm.

  Audrey flustered a bit. She clasped her hands together and twirled her thumbs. Sam eyed her carefully.

  "I think it works out for the best it was a dumb idea. but you're welcome to be part of our little circle! So it wasn't all for nothing maybe," Audrey said.

  Adrian smiled. Something about them felt inviting. He especially didn't mind having another author friend like her.

  "Yeah that's great! Let's do it," he said to them.

  They turned to him immediately.

  "No seriously it's okay, we don't need a club to write," Audrey said.
Looz looked at Sam, cocking an eyebrow–the corner of her lips lifting ever so slightly. Sam smiled back at her, nodding in agreement.

  "We're in," Sam said.

   Audrey's eyes widened at Sam, shaking her head. Sam nodded her head back at her with a grin.

  "Well it's not my cup of Tea, but for Audrey!" Jacob said. He jumped off the table he was sitting on, putting his hand in the center of the table.

  "For Audrey!" Sam said, putting her hand above his. Audrey turned red faced, hiding her head as she looked around.

  "J you're such a dork," Looz said. In a normal tone she said, "For Dri."

  "C'mon Nava! With spirit!"

  Adrian couldn't help but laugh, this was all too much fun for him. He turned to see a flushed Audrey who was still slouching and hiding her face. She peeked at him, his eyes meeting her emerald eyes. He did his best to give a reassuring smile.

  "What do you say?" He said, putting his hand above Looz.

  She smiled, but went back to putting her head down. From that position she put her hand in above Adrians.

  "Alright! Let's start a writing club!" Jacob said. Their hands flying into the air.

Authors note
Edited on 12/26/22.

Songs
Name: Artist
Do-Wash-Doo: Kate Nash

Editors
Elem
naomi14

Thank you for reading No Guidelines! What did you think of this chapter?

Thoughts on Adrian or Audrey and company? Do you have a favorite character so far?

Next chapter
With only 1 day left to prepare for Club Rush, the crew is stuck facing the trials and tribulations of last minute prep work. Will Audrey be able to see it through? Or will she give up? Find out Next chapter!