Chapter 13-2

18, Nov. 2015 Wed

  Audrey stood side by side with her mother, both staring into a mirror. Her mom took turns holding different dresses in front of Audrey as she contemplated the style. Gabriel sat to the side, on his phone, holding Kitti's hand but not paying too much attention to her.

  "What do you think of this one?" Her mom asked. Holding a very puffy pink dress up. It looked a bit much.

  "I'm not sure, maybe let's keep looking," Audrey said with an unsure sort of tone but was entirely positive she did not want to wear that dress.

  Her mom placed the dress down and pick up another one, this one immediately caught Audrey's attention. It was a red dress, very sleek and attractive, yet it didn't call too much attention.

  "It looks nice, I'll try it on," she said.

  The dress covered most of her legs and showed plenty of shoulders. A slight improvement from her attire for the Talent show. More important than the looks, Audrey felt good in the dress. She liked the way red Looked on her. A couple of turns in the mirror cemented her decision to get this dress. "I like this one, let's get it!"

  "Oh you look so beautiful baby," Her mom said. Kitti broke free from her brother's grip—which probably wasn't hard to do cuz of his lack of care—and bounced her way to Audrey. She hugged her waist. "I want to look like you Audie!"

  A sentiment Audrey was not used to hearing. Audrey knelt and held her sister, squeezing her tight. Then pulled back to pinch her cheek. "You'll look even better than me."

  One of the employees came by to offer assistance. "Need anything else?" she said in a friendly manner. Audrey shook her head but her mom did the talking. "We'll take this dress," she said.

  "Fantastic, we can help you in the front," the woman said. Gabriel finally verbalized his frustration, sighing in relief. "Finally! I'm hungry! You take forever Aud!" if only he could be as supportive as their little sister, maybe he wouldn't be such a pain. Audrey matched his attitude and then some. "Shut it you munch!"

  She changed back into her normal clothes, holding the dress in her hand. They paid for the dress and Gabriel got his wish.

***

    After a long day, a nice cold shower was exactly what Audrey needed. Music blared from her phone, and as the water rushed over her, thoughts of Adrian and the dance came to mind. Detailed plans carved their way into her head as she thought of how the night would go, what she would say, how their first dance would go. The thought of him staring into her eyes as they slowly danced got her heart racing. The thought of him seeing something in her eyes—seeing her. Leaning closer. Closer and lips pursed.

  The distant sound of the doorbell, just barely audible over the shower, brought her back to reality. Her mother's voice was a mumble through the wall. She sounded happy. Was it a friend at the door? A muffled female voice talked back to her. Audrey pressed her ears closer to the wall to hear.

No luck.

She lowered the water just enough to not be suspicious and reached out of the shower to pause her music. Water spilled all over the toilet and her phone. There was no point. She could hear the door close and her mother walking back to her room.

  Maybe it was nothing.

  Back to important matters.

Authors Note
  Hey! A day late! I was going to do a drawing for this section, and I still will but didn't have enough time! So I'll add it in after the fact! What did you think of this section? When I esit the book I need to add more scenes with her family.

Songs
Name: Artist
Make You Mine: PUBLIC

Editors
Elem
naomi14
Eric_Authority

Next Chapter
Looz bares bad news just before the dance and Natalie has a surprise for Audrey.