Chapter 15-6

***
The ride went by quick but Natalie was worried more about Audrey all throughout. She didnt say a word the whole ride. And natalie tried. Tried to include her in the conversation but she only returned quick answers that killed any dialogue.

When they arrived, Micah was waiting in the front with Bella. Nat stood arm in arm with jacob.  Audrey was a healthy disrtance away. Emma thanked her mom for the whole group and they all went inside. Emma and Micah led the way, talking about who was there and what the plans where. Natalie held close to jacob and Audrey followed close behind them. Natalie would glance back to see how Audrey held up.

Audrey noticed Natalies stares and gave her an awkward smile. Natalie smiled softly back at her. Jacob turned to look at her too.

"Hey dri, what're ya doing back there? Come closer," he said with a wave of his hand.

Music blared from the living room where Reggie and Andre were playing charades with Some other girls and Brandon. In the kitchen, eating pizza, was Chris and Niko. Each had their own drink. They were chatting it up with Jessica and Fara but Chris lit up when Natalie and Co. showed up. He called out to Emma and she skipped her way to him.

The two were whispering quietly and Chris even glanced in Natalies direction. Emma seemed agitated but eventually calmed down. Natalie glared at them, wondering what that was about. Chris waved at her but Natalie gave a half ass wave back. Jacob was enthusiastic to see him and Niko.

Evidently he wasn't the only person enthusiastic to see Niko as Emma jumped into his arms. He lifted her up to give her a kiss. Natalies mouth dropped. When did that happen? She knew they went to the dance together but Emma never mentioned anything about dating him.

"When did you two become a thing?" Natalie asked, shifting her pointer finger between the two of them.

"Since after the dance, You would know if you showed up to the after party like i begged you too," Emma said. She was being sarcastic but natalie didn't like the accusations.

"Yeah, I love my Smurfette," Niko said, wrapping his arms around her waist from behind. He looked funny bending over so much to hold her. Despite not being told, Natalie did find it cute. Emma looked annoyed and wriggled her way out.

"Don't call me smurfette," she said. Niko looked embarrassed to have been pushed away but he just laughed it off. "What? Its because you always have that beanie on," He said with a laugh that seemed forced.

Chris made his way to them, bringing Jacob into one of those one-arm guy hugs. Chris glanced quickly at Natalie and then looked straight to Audrey. He gave her a look that natalie was all to familiar with. Audrey flushed and struggled to make eye contact with him.

"Anyway, what were you and Em talking about?" Natalie asked, wanting to take his attention away from Audrey. He gave a mischievous grin.

"Wauh, thats need to know, it wasn't about you or anything,' he said in a jokey kind of way. He looked at Jacob and said, "The ego on this chick." Natalie looked at jacob and he just nervously chuckled.

Natalie rolled her eyes, but still tried to hide her discomfort of the two hanging out. Chris offered to get them drinks but natalie offered to get them herself. "Hey Em, wanna come with me?"
"Sure," she said. She gave niko a kiss. Natalie smiled at that, still finding it adorable.

The fridge wasn't too far away from the group as Natalie would like but she needed to talk to emma privately. They opened the door and stood by the cover it granted them. Natalie made sure to wisper just loud enough for Emma to hear but not enough to be heard over the music.

"Okay, spill," Natalie demanded.
"You know Niko, hes kind of nerdy but hes just so cute in a charming way. His height is an added bonus. We both have tall boyfriends!"