22 - Chapter Twenty-Two - Lukas Black's Point Of View.

Maddox looked me over again before he smiled softly at Andrei, it was like they were discussing something with no words and just their eyes; it was pretty interesting and weird to witness. I needed to call the Chief and let him know Andrei was ok, but also find out if the cameras actually caught anything.

"I think I might have a clue or something about who attacked you if you are willing to hear me ramble on for a moment," I said softly.

"Please, do tell," Maddox said looking at me again. He seemed to pin me down with his gaze and it made me want to hide, there was such a wave of anger in those eyes.

"There are cameras pointed at the all over the parking lot pointed in every direction, many of them you can even see across the road. It might be useful to check them." I mumbled.

"I'm sorry I make you nervous, My fiance was in the car with me today, I am ferocious about what happened to him, along with what happened to Andrei. I will move the heavens if I have to have these people bathed in their own blood." Maddox said, His eyes softening at the mentioning of his lover before they went cold and harsh again.

"I understand you," I said softly.

I understood him more than I cared to admit. I hated to say it, but I was attached to Andrei. Hell, I didn't even know him for that long, but now I was positive we were to be forever connected, or at least until his D.N.A. no longer lived under my nails.

Today, I had been more scared than anything to lose him, to lose everything I had been trying to get him to give me. But I understood his hesitation now, he was right about one day he might not just come home.

"Andrei..."

"Yes?" He said his voice rough.

"I understand what you meant. You almost didn't come home today. Promise me something yeah?"

"I guess?"

"Promise me that if you ever fear not coming home, take me with you."

"Lukas!" He yelled his voice not allowing him to reach the full volume he would have liked.

"I know, I know. This is what you wanted to prevent, you didn't want me to get attached to you. Unfortunately for you, I think that might be a little too late. You showed me comfort and I like it, I don't want to lose that. You showed me some other things too, but it's not polite to talk about that right now. The point here is, If you don't want me because of what we talked about before, I won't accept that. But if you choose not to want me for other reason's I can accept that."

I heard Andrei sigh deeply. He didn't seem amused in the slightest, but he didn't voice that.

"Lukas, You mentioned camera's can you get me access to them?" Maddox said deeply.

"Yeah, I just need a good laptop and an internet connection. Possibly a phone too, I know a guy who works in the lab alongside me sometimes. If you want more than just our camera's let me know, I can get you a few city blocks, easy."

"That's probably illegal." Andrei hissed.

"So, I work for the LHPD. Ask me if I care? Not the first time I've asked for things outside of work, I'm not as innocent as you think."

Dean and I worked on some shady shit before, this would be of little difference. Dean worked more tech than anything, he was our guy when it came to wiretaps, and things of that nature. He was ex-special forces; he worked for their tech unit. We got him as a trade from another station, Chances were, he was already looking into the shooting and would have everything I wanted to know.

"I can get you all of those things, do you know if your lab friend is already on our payroll?"

"It's easy enough to find out."