39 - Chapter Thirty-Nine - Lukas Black's Point Of View.

Andrei returned after not too long, waking me up by slamming the door, I honestly expected the meeting to be hours long. He looked annoyed and pissed but was quick to mask those feelings when he entered the bedroom. I wanted to ask what happened, but it was clear he would not want to talk about it right now. He was only interested in peeling his suit off and finding something else to put on.

"I forgot how good you looked in a suit Andrei Mihail," I mumbled from the bed, watching him undress.

"I forgot how uncomfortable they are when your not in top shape."

"Yeah, I could see that."

Andrei got his suit off setting it aside and putting on a t-shirt and sweatpants, he looked so much more comfortable, but he was holding his side.

"Are you ok?"

"I'm fine, just adjusting to being able to breathe freely again, no need to worry."

"Alright."

Andrei wasn't being truthful with me, but I understood why. Hell, I would have done the same thing, just to get back to work. As it was, I was debating texting the Chief and asking for the clearance to return to work again, but I knew he would tell me no and to keep working with Sasha here. Crawling out of bed, I followed Andrei out into the kitchen and watched as he looked for things to make for dinner.

"I'm going to check on Sasha, I'll be back in a bit."

"Alright, take your phone and ill text you when dinner is almost done."

"Ok, See you then."

Tucking my phone into my sweater pocket, I slipped on shoes and headed down to the office. I used my phone to get into the office, Sasha was angrily stomping his foot, trying to get around Ryer who was blocking his path back to his computer set up from the printer Alexi was letting us use.

"Hey, Sasha, What you got? Anything good?"

Ryer quickly back out of the way and scratched the back of his neck, almost looking embarrassed I had caught him acting like this. Sasha on the other hand looked grateful for me showing up out of the blue.

"I printed out a paper on a suspect, fits the skills we would be looking for, ex-fed. Pretty sure this would be your man, I was just about to take this to Maddox, but if you want to do that, it would save me the time. I could look further into our suspect."

"Sounds good, I'll be back in a moment, and Ryer, hands-off Sasha, he is police property."

Taking the paper from Sasha who looked a little taken back by my comment, I left the office and headed up to Maddox's office. I had been here once, so I knew where I was going. Getting to the office door, I knocked and waited to see if Maddox would open the door or if he was elsewhere. After a few moments, the door opened, and it wasn't Maddox, but rather a short male with wicked dark circles and a baby on his hip.

"Hey, I'm looking for Maddox, I have a paper for him regarding the shooting with Andrei."

The short male looked me up and down a few times before smiling the largest grin I had ever seen before. It was almost terrifying.

"You are him, huh? The one Andrei is so tangled with. Lukas right?"

"Yes, I am he," I said awkwardly,

"Nice to meet you. I've heard about you from Alexi and of course Zev. I'm Emerson, Maddox's partner. And the shy creature on my hip is his son, Aries. Though he is teething so he isn't very pleased with much today."

"Nice to meet you, Both Zev and Alexi mentioned you."

"I can take the paper and make sure Maddox gets it, He stepped out momentarily to grab the playpen for Aries from our wing."