31 - Chapter Thirty-One - Lukas Black's Point Of View

Andrei's behaviour about me telling him I wanted more of him really wasn't all that shocking. But he had definitely become pretty bitchy about it. I understood why though. He had really just finally got what he wanted and now he had to wait again. He sighed again for what felt like a hundred times in the last ten minutes.

"Oh shush. You will be able to be up and about in no time."

"Well, it's already taking too long."

"Once you are allowed to go back to doing a little bit of work, you will hardly notice the time it takes to heal."

"And for now every day feels like a year."

"By this time next week I'm sure you will be up and walking around without help and you will be ok."

"What if I'm not up and walking around then?"

"Then you might need to go back and see Caleb about that."

Andrei frowned.

"I'd rather not."

"I know you would rather not."

"I don't even want to breathe the same air as him. In his current state, Being the alcoholic he is, and his temper, I worry about my kid, but he knows what he is for. There is nothing I can do and say that will make a difference, Alessio has to find out who Caleb is on his own. My opinion on the matter is biased."

Andrei was not wrong about that, but it was still shocking to hear him say, He was being honest and that meant something, Whether that meant he trusted me entirely or just enough to tell me that, it was a good thing.

"You can only warn him, after that he has to make that choice."

"Yes, even if I don't like it."

"They may just work out. Some people don't work together right from the beginning and denying that only makes it worse. If they have found a way to work that makes them happy then we can only wish them the best. If it doesn't work out, then we can be there to lend a hand when it's over."

Pulling myself away from Andrei, I went and stirred the pot of stew. He had some already cooked and sliced chicken breast in the fridge and I had used that for the meat protein. He took a deep breath, his smile nearly striking me down.

"That smells amazing."

"I hope it tastes as good."

"I'm positive it will."

"You have such faith in my cooking even though you've never had it."

"I have faith in all of you, not just your cooking."

I smiled at him largely, This man knew his way around my feelings already. That was scary to me, but I was willing to go head first if it meant even more time with him.

"I like when you smile. It does something to me, Lukas."

"Don't go getting all mushy on me Andrei."

"I would never."

"Mhmm,"

The sound of knocking on the door, made me look at Andrei.

"Did you want me to get that?"

"No, They have access to come in, They only knock out of respect, they will come in on their own."

"Oh, Ok."

Like he said they opened the door and came right in. Andrei tried to stretch back to look at them, but I lightly slapped his leg.

"Don't do that. If you fall off that chair I will lose it."

"Sorry. I won't do it again." He said chuckling.