48 - Chapter Forty - Eight - Lukas Black's Point Of View.

Everyone was unsettled today, and it was beyond understandable why. Tomorrow was the day where we either lost Sasha and Lev or gain our freedom. And it was a thought in the back of everyone's minds. Maddox decided that this was going to be more than just the last day of whatever it was going to be.

He planned a large dinner, all the underbosses and anyone who had a hand in helping get it this far. Maddox had one of the spare large rooms on the main floor turned into some place for us all to gather for dinner.

He had those who could leave the complex go discreetly and get foldable tables and chairs, no matter the cost. Alexi didn't even bitch about the cost, not once.

Sasha and I offered to help set up some of the tables and such, but they pushed away us away from helping and told us to go do other things until dinner. Sasha sighed but didn't make too much of an issue about it. Sasha honestly was more worried about keeping his head in a positive frame of mind, more so with tomorrow being the mission to take out the Ex-Fed. We headed back to Alexi and Creed's office just to hang out on the couch out of the way. Alexi didn't mind that we hung out here, when he was here he asked our opinions about things.

"Once this is all over, I say we go out and get a pizza and wings, a case of beer and just relax in peace," Sasha said, looking my way, with a slight smile.

"Honestly, that is the best idea I've heard for after all this is over yet."

"Right. Alexi said he just wanted to have dinner with Creed, his mom and his brother. I figured Andrei might have had the same idea. But for me, I just want an excellent beer and a pizza, with some good saucy wings."

"Andrei and I talked about going to Nonna's for dinner after this and maybe a holiday away from here, and going back to work."

"Yeah, That would be good. If I still have my normal job after this, I want just a regular workday back. For all I bitched about it before, I would just take it back now."

"You and me both Sasha, I miss my job so fucking much. I just want to look at the dead again, not join them."

Sasha kicked off his boots, and I did the same with my shoes, he tucked his feet along the inside of the couch and I tucked mine along the outside; It was hardly the first time we had sat like this. The only difference was the lack of laptops on our laps.

"Lukas, on a serious note, if something happens and on the odd chance I actually die, I don't want those idiots at the department or the base handling a single detail of my funeral and shit. I want you to handle it all. If anyone knows me, It's you. No one else knows me the way you do."

"Do I know you the best? I don't even know what you do after work." I muttered, tossing my head back over the arm of the couch.

"Nothing, Honestly, I went back to my apartment, ate junk food and passed out until I had to work again. It's been nice here to be able to have people to talk to. You, Alexi, and Creed. It's been really nice."

"You know we could have hung out, outside of work, right?"

"Yeah? I always thought you were doing much of the same as I, working, eating and sleeping until work again."

"Honestly, that was it."

"Huh. Guess all this time we could have hung out."

"Hey, it's never too late to start. We have hung out now for a few weeks."

Sasha hung his head back as well and let out a deep breath.

"This is almost relaxing."

"Almost."