28 - Chapter Twenty-Eight - Lukas Black's Point Of View.

I don't why it was shocking to me that I had made it out of the complex with no one stopping me, but I had. Getting into my truck, I buckled myself in before letting out a sigh. I had had nothing to eat or let alone drink other than water the few times I had remembered in two days and I desperately could use a coffee and something to eat. The guards at the gate didn't even look fazed as I left. They didn't stop me either.

Once, I was back in down the first place I stopped was the coffee shop; I waited in the drive-through for my cup of death. I drank over a third of it before I was even out of the driveway. I had almost forgotten what this sweet creature tasted like.

Traffic in town was pretty mellow today. Pulling to the driveway, I finished the rest of my coffee before getting ready to break into my own house. Shutting my truck off, I got out and locked the door. Walking to the backyard, I felt like a criminal. This was the second time I was about to go through the kitchen window in one day. Silently I apologised to my mother, I was about to put my dirty feet on her custom countertops again.

Moving a deck chair to the window, I slid it open and jumped through. Closing the window and actually locking it, this time. Wiping the dirt off the counter and onto the floor, I headed to the cabinet to find one of the spare keys. Finding a spare key, I quickly attached it to my truck key and shoved them back into my pocket. I kicked my shoes off right there, beside the cabinet.

Pleased with my find, I practically skipped up the stairs to my bedroom. My bed looked lovely, but that wasn't part of my secret mission to come home. Getting my damn clothing was.

Grabbing one of my duffle bags out of my closet I filled it full of just random clothing. I wasn't too worried about packing anything fancy or flashy, mostly just lounge clothing, minus a few nice shirts and jeans. Looking down at the current clothing on me, I wrinkled my nose. I needed to change out of these pants. Peeling the pants off my legs without trying to touch the blood was easier said than done.

Grabbing another set of jogging pants out of my pants drawer, I pulled them on quickly. Changing my shirt too only felt right, and I snagged a sweater out of my closet really not looking at what one I was grabbing, I only had a few different types, anyway. I only brought doubles and triples of the ones I liked. Grabbing a few spare pairs of my boxers, I also grabbed my new camera and shoved the boxers in the duffle bag. I looked around my room not really seeing anything else that screamed important to take, other than my bathroom supplies, which were not in my room.

I went and grabbed my bathroom supplies, before shoving them in the duffle bag too. I had maxed the space out now and struggled to get it zipped up. But I did it.

Tossing it over the opposite side of my camera bag, I went downstairs again. I waited around to make some toast before leaving the house again. I was going to double-check my phone, but I remembered I left it in the truck. No big deal. Shoving the sandwiched toast in my mouth, I made sure I had everything before pulling out my keys. Heading to the front door I unlocked it. I struggled to get the door open and getting out with everything on my shoulders. But I made it outside. I pushed the unlock on my key fob before getting to the truck.

Shoving my duffle in the passage seat, and my toast on the dashboard, I nicely set my camera on the floor. Running back up on the porch, I locked the house door with the new key. I was briefly aware of the neighbour looking out her window at me, but she and her husband hadn't talked to me since about three days after the burial of my mom. It was a blow since they had been pretty close to us and she really hadn't given me a reason as to why they had just written me off. Hell, both of them had keys to the house they were that close with my mom and me.

Shaking my head about the thought, I walked back to my truck. Pulling open my door, I hopped up in the truck and sighed at the sight of the empty coffee. With my mission successful, another coffee was needed. Grabbing my toast, I munched on it all the way to the coffee shop. Ordering my coffee plus a couple of chocolate cookies, my mind wandered to Andrei as I waited. I smiled as I thought about the dirty photos of him that I took. I was going to have to render those and show him.