32 - Chapter Thirty-Two - Lukas Black's Point Of View.

Today was the first time I woke up after Andrei, He was already out of the bed, now having been cleared to be up and moving. His wound was almost two weeks old. My clothing had been hung up in his closet and we had put away all my stuff, it was both interesting and just weird. I hadn't gone home in over a week. Dean had gone back and forth from his apartment to Alexi and Creeds office. He was able to work remotely. I wasn't able to, and I was to be to work for after one; It was a quick shift. One to six.

Stretching out in the bed the clock on the nightstand read eleven in the afternoon and I realised Andrei had let me sleep in. Getting up finally, I went to find Andrei. Both he and Alessio were sitting on the couch, they were watching a movie. He smiled when he saw me.

He was wearing just a long sleeve and sweatpants. I still liked this look on him.

"I have to head into work for one, My shift is done at six, I'll probably be back around six-thirty."

"You still have time for lunch, I can make you something quickly."

"Let me grab a shower and I'm all yours till twelve-thirty."

"Sounds good."

I grabbed a change of clothing before heading to the bathroom. I knew what products to use because Andrei had told me days ago, and I also had my own. I sighed getting out of the shower, As soon as it was time to head to work I was going to have to be in my BPV, All employees were under a BPV order when entering and exiting the building. Getting dressed, I tossed my sweater over my shoulder. No point putting it on to have to take it off the be vested.

Andrei was sitting on one of the kitchen chairs, Alessio was digging around in the fridge.

"Want coffee?" Andrei asked.

"Yes, and I can get it, I know where it is."

I walked over and pulled a mug out of the cupboard, pouring a cup of coffee. Alessio passed me the coffee creamer out of the fridge and continued his assault on the fridge. After sipping the coffee, I gave the creamer back.

"Alessio what are you doing?"

"Like I told my dad, I'm looking for something to please my sweet tooth."

"Your dad has a cookie stash, If you check this far cupboard you will find it."

"How did you find out about my cookie stash?" Andrei said shocked.

"I was looking for cleaning supplies and I found cookies."

"Cleaning supplies are under the bathroom sink."

"He knows now, I told him," Alessio said, heading to the cookie cupboard.

Alessio grabbed an entire box of cookies and headed to his room with them. Andrei looked at me, his mouth set in a frown.

"It's like having Alexi here all over again. He used to take complete boxes of cookies and take them to his room to work on things too."

"Yes, I hear you raised him too."

"If you could call it that. I have a lot of regrets about that kid. There was so much more I could have done for him, I should have been the father figure he needed. Instead, he raised himself under my roof. Hell, I should have been there for my son, and I wasn't because I had no clue he even was a thing. I hate that. The thing is, I feel like they are both my kids and I've failed them."

"Do they know that?"

"Alexi and I have talked about it, But I've never actually said the words, I feel like you've always been my kid. I feel like he will reject that."