26 - Chapter Twenty-Six - Lukas Black's Point Of View.

Walking back to Andrei's place, where I could shower and change we bumped into Alessio. He looked me up and down, before looking at Alexi. Cursing in two different languages.

"What and where have you two been! Andrei has been asking for Lukas again for over an hour and he is demanding I bring you to him right this moment. How the hell and I going to take him to dad looking like this!"

"This mess is my fault, but to be fair, I was stopping him from doing something worse."

"He was stopping me from suffocating a dying person, so they died quicker."

"Right, so why were you in that position to began with?"

"Why are you asking so many questions?" Alexi asked eyebrow raised.

"So I can figure out what the fuck I'm going to feed my father as an excuse to stop him from having a polar meltdown when he sees this shit!"

Well, they fought about me showering; I took off the hoodie and did away with the vest I had been wearing the entire time without really noticing. They both looked at me then.

"Here give me those, I'll handle them," Alexi said, taking the sweater and my vest.

Alessio grabbed my forearm pretty roughly. He pulled me down the hall, his head shaking the entire way. He looked down at the sweat pants and groaned.

"Why the hell did you go with Alexi to see that shit?"

"I really didn't know where we were going and once the first guy was shot, I honestly wanted to see the rest of the process, besides, I see the after-effects all the time. I didn't expect to do what I did ok. He was dying slowly, and I just wanted to speed it up."

"Why? That's not normal."

"I am aware of that. But neither is any of this, besides, He was going to die either way. Just wanted it to be quicker, I also wasn't worried about my fingerprints or anything, I work for the LHPD, I know how quickly that evidence will disappear."

"God, you are going to be a massive handful for my father to deal with. I don't know if I'm happy about that or if I feel for him."

"I'm not sure how I'm supposed to feel about that, but that's fair."

"I just want to know why you aren't freaking out. Alexi literally just shot someone, and you are actually acting like this is another Tuesday. Why the hell are you cool with that, but what happened to my dad had you in such a---oh. I get it."

"Do you? Because I sure as hell don't. I'm not sure I even began to understand why this is ok with me, I just saw thirty plus people actually die and I'm handling it well I would say, but he took one bullet and lived and I'm still waiting to wake up from this and see him dead."

"Probably something about not knowing those thirty people. Only thing I could think of. But that really doesn't matter right now. What matters is that we keep Andrei from noticing the blood on your pants and we clean your face quickly."

I knew about the blood splatter on my face; I felt it. Once we got in the medic wing, Caleb looked around the corner and hissed at the look of me no doubt. He raced over asking many questions. Alessio brushed him off, telling him to distract the old man long enough he could sneak me by to clean up my face and hands. Caleb agreed, clearly not wanting to, but he did.

"Alessio, where are you sneaking Lukas off too? I know the sound of both of your footsteps." We both heard Andrei say.

We both froze on the spot.

"Lukas has a bloody nose, I'm just helping him clean it up."

"Right. And how did that happen?"