43 - Chapter Forty - Three - Lukas Black's Point Of View.

A week, that was how long I had handled being ok with Sasha doing this. Right now, I was trying to talk myself down from screaming at him and telling him all the things that could go wrong. The only thing that was deterring my outburst was Alexi and Ryer being in the room at this very second, though even my caring about the watching, was fading too.

I slammed my laptop shut with more force than needed, making Alexi look over at me.

"You will break it doing that." He said, eyes narrowing at me.

"So big deal, I will buy a new one, fuck, I'll buy ten!" I snapped.

I heard Sasha sigh at me. We had been working non-stop building this guy's life on a two-meter by two-meter whiteboard. I was sick of reading and looking at this guys freaking face. Alexi brushed off my behaviour and for that I was grateful, but all of it was adding up.

Andrei had started back doing minor jobs inside the complex since it wasn't safe to do so outside of the walls. Everyone was trying to get by normally knowing that there was in fact a target on some of our backs. Andrei was irritable when he returned to his section every night. But it was understandable as to why. Between the jobs he was training again, Alessio wasn't far from him, training alongside him to make sure he didn't overdo it and fuck up all the work they had done putting him back together.

I left the office; I needed out of that space before I blew up on them. Alexi gave me access to the gym to blow off some of my anger at the beginning of the week. Andrei agreed it was a good idea since even he had been the recipient of my anger more than once this week.

I was a mess; I was having issues sleeping and the only one who really knew this was Alessio but he didn't judge me for it. We had a long talk about what he had through in Italy and how he barely made it out alive. He could sympathise with me about the caged rat feeling.

He also could not leave the complex, because of his connection to Andrei, and Alexi was on thin ice, but he could leave, right until there was an attack made on him. Then he would also be on lockdown, as of now, he was free though.

I knew all the halls off by heart now since I spent a long time walking them when I needed a break from all the stuff going on in Alexi and Creed's office. I passed several other mafia members who paid me no mind, they all pretty much avoided me.

I made my way back to the office. Maddox held some papers in his hand, He was no doubt trying to get Alexi to sign off on them.

"Listen, Alexi, The amount on the papers is nothing, just sign it and Sasha will have a fantastic backup for this."

"Maddox are you stupid! That is thirty million dollars!"

"Yes, and it is easily recovered, I've called some favours in, they are costly, but they will keep Sasha from potentially getting injured. Sasha will still make the final kill shot, but he will need the backup. We don't know if this guy works alone."

"Just who the fuck did you cash in on Maddox!"

"I would rather not say right now."

"Oh, I have some idea and I'm already not pleased."

"Sign the papers."

"Fine! But if he so much as tries a damned thing well he is here, I'll kill him!"

I watched Alexi sign the papers with enough anger it surprised me he didn't leave an indent on the desktop. He was livid.

"Alexi, you know it's the best option for this."

"I would rather we not have to. There are other options."

"None that I am comfortable with."

"But you are comfortable with him of all people walking around freely in our halls, you are nuts."