34 - Chapter Thirty-Four - Lukas Black's Point Of View.

Andrei stood up slowly, his eyes going wide as he must have finally processed what the hell he was seeing. I walked over to the table setting my sweater and vest down on one of the chairs.

"Lukas what the hell happened, you're filthy."

"I am dirty, I am sore, I have stitches in my lip and I'm going to take a bath," I said trying to condense all the shit he was looking at.

"Lukas, What the hell happened? What the hell do you mean you have stitches in your lip?"

"I need a bath. We can talk well I get cleaned, If it's not too much. You really should be relaxing."

"Let's go, you can tell me what the fuck happened."

Andrei walked with me to the bathroom closing the door behind him as he entered. I stripped down, pulling the stuff out of my pockets and setting it on the countertop. Andrei picked up the bottle of meds.

"Alessio fixed you up?"

"Caleb actually."

"Caleb, really?" Andrei actually seemed pretty shocked by that.

"I appreciate that he took time out of his day to look over my wounds."

"Let me see your lip?"

It sounded more like a demand than asking so I showed him.

"Christ, that looks uncomfortable."

"Yeah, it's throbbing. Anyway, Let me go get you a chair from the kitchen so you can sit down."

I wasn't going to take a no for an answer; I went and got him one regardless, and set it a little ways back from the tub, so I didn't get him wet. He sat on the chair his hand over his wound.

"Are you uncomfortable? I can clean up and come out and explain it all out there."

"No, It's just a little tender. I might have overdone it moving around today."

"Andrei, I told you to take it easy."

"That's easier said than done."

"Good thing I'm suspended with pay then, I can keep an eye on you."

"Suspended with pay? What the hell—"

"I was nearly blown up this afternoon."

Andrei's entire face went dark like I had never seen before.

"What do you mean you were nearly blown up? You better get to explaining Lukas."

"Relax, It was nothing like you are thinking. It wasn't a bomb or anything. I had got into work and we had got a really nasty case. It was horrible. I was taking photos, and I was the only one in the house, and I smelled natural gas. Following protocol, I exited the house and when I reached the bottom step of the deck, let's just say shit went boom. I went flying into the dirt of the front lawn, I'm pretty sure I rolled for a bit."

"You are so very lucky. You could have been seriously hurt."

"I know, but my injuries are not why I'm suspended. You and your injury are." I said sighing.

"They think you were targeted because of me?"

"They are not sure, but they don't want to make any nasty calls. Hell, the Chief told me to come here, where I had protection because he was worried about it. It was only because I was the only one in the house."

"I think they are being smart Lukas, you might be targeted."

"I know, I understand they are only putting me off because they are worried about it, but I've never not been able to work. I don't know what the hell I'm going to do if I can go back to work."