50 - Chapter Fifty - Sasha Dean's Point Of View.

When we pulled up to the abandoned building and parked the SUV in plain sight for a few moments before pulling it into the building. Lev was sure that would be enough to pull the Ex-fed out of his hiding spot. Lev pulled a bag out of the back of the SUV quickly. We found a suitable spot to stake out and wait for him. Lev set several small sensors as we waited. Our phones would buzz if one was triggered and it would tell us exactly what one and where via GPS location.

Lev and I sat quietly in the building waiting for any signs that we had a visitor. With every minute that ticked by we were growing restless. Lev was quietly going over his weapons and checking to make sure everything was safe and ready to use.

My own large weapon sat beside me, loaded and ready to go. The handgun was tucked into the leg holder and a knife sat strapped to the inside of my leg.

Lev and I played X's and O's in the dirt well we continued to wait for the man. Lev finally stretched out before reaching to his bag and pulling out a speaker and turning it on. It didn't make a single noise as it powered up, but Lev connected it to a music player and hit play.

Andrei's angry voice rang out in the empty warehouse, the sound was of his yelling like he might have been on a phone call when this was taken. I raised an eyebrow at Lev who just shrugged in response, hell at this rate something had to work better than just what we were doing currently.

Mere moments later the first sensor went off, our phones letting out a soft buzz, giving us details of exactly where the guy was coming from. Neither of us made a quick move. Lev quietly pulled out a mid-sized weapon before he wrote in the dirt beside him, to get my weapon ready. Unknown to him, the weapon at my side already had the safety off and was ready to be shot.

I used my finger to write, 'vest on' in the dirt. He quickly showed me the vest under his shirt and I gave him a thumbs up. I was glad to see he was actually wearing it.

We were located on the second and only other floor, getting a good view of the SUV through holes in the brick half-wall that we were behind. The rest of the wall had collapsed and there really wasn't much holding up the section where we were currently. Lev had his weapon focused on a hole only big enough to see out the scope and shoot. He wasn't far enough ahead either for him to be spotted.

The next few sets of sensors went off like they had been run through, that was a good sign. The area where Lev put them was a spot that you wanted to run through, there were no hiding spots. Lev stuck his hand up suddenly and made the come here motion, checking my own hole the guy was visible.

Even though Lev could have had the shot, he didn't take it. It was a messy shot, and he had explicit instructions not to be the one to make the kill shot. The Ex-Fed reached the top of the stairs, Lev moved into another spot now that we were all on the same level. Grabbing my weapon, I flicked the heat-seeking view on and walked towards the door. I was waiting for him to stick his head out, and he didn't disappoint.

He stuck his lower leg out first and Lev took the shot grazing the back of his calf. He pulled his leg back and Lev and I heard him take off up the stairs. The shot had hit nothing that kept him from being able to take off quickly. Lev took off, with me right behind him.

Our biggest worry now was that the Ex-Fed knew he had been set up quite easily, and we had to stop him from getting away. But we also had no clue what the hell was waiting on the roof or even how stable it was. We never looked at it.

The burn in my legs quickly reminded me why I was more than happy working a desk job now. Lev and I hit the roof, bullets spraying from the far end of the roof at us. Lev hissed out holding his side. As we hid behind the closet thing that could be used as cover.

"Let me see now," I said.

"It's nothing serious, focus we need to nail this bastard." He snapped. But he was lying, I could see the blood coating his fingers.

"Lev that could be bad."

"Mind your business and worry about shooting him!"

I took a deep breath and looked at Lev.

"Keep pressure on your wound and I'll be back in just a fucking moment."

I darted from one spot to the next, both shooting and avoiding the spray of bullets he was giving out. Creed was right, he was using cop-killing bullets or hollow points. They went right through the vests. I had to be way more careful now. Making sure I had my scope on and ready to go, I was close enough to take a few shots. Lev was still providing fire from behind me on the other side. But hearing him curse out again, made me kick it into high gear and I flung myself around the side of the metal rectangular tube, I opened fire spraying the area where he was with bullets and I was sure I had hit him. He laid back on the ground blood pouring from plenty of wounds to his chest.

I turned, not checking the body and turned to run back to Lev since he had been wounded. The sound of a single gunshot and Lev screaming at the top of his lungs was all that consumed me before the pain in my back did. Lev who had a scrape on the side of his neck and the one on his side bolted at me. He took the handgun off my side, unloaded the entire clip into the Ex-Fed before he was quick to start offering me help.

He took out his phone and called for help, his own wound bleeding freely.

"Sasha. Keep talking. You have been shot in the spine."

"Really? I can't feel it."

I felt when he applied pressure to my back and I tried to keep some pressure on his side wound.

"Sasha, Tell me about your last mission with the feds, the one that got you canned?"

"I supposed, we are blood brothers now," I said not being able to even feel my legs or the pain.

"Sasha, I have to move you. I'm so fucking sorry."

"It's fine. Do it."

Lev despite his own wounds, basically carried me down the stairs, right to the main floor.

"I was supposed to take the last shot."

"You did, he was dead. I just wanted to keep him that way."

"You are not worried about your fingerprints on the gun?"

"I don't have any fingerprint, and I haven't for a pretty long time."

"Huh, That's odd. But I suppose useful."

By the time we got down there. Two sets of SUV's peeled into the building. Creed was the first one who flew out of the SUV passenger side. The sound of his boots on the pavement echoed in my ears.

"How bad is it, Lev!" Creed snapped.

"Single gunshot wound to the spine. He can't walk."

"And the Ex-Fed?"

"Dead," I said as shivers ripped through me.

There was a lot going on. I was aware I had been shot, but the pain was gone and I was just cold. Creed was in the back of the SUV keeping pressure on my wound.

"Don't worry Sasha."

"I'm not. It doesn't hurt."

"That isn't a good thing Sasha!"

Alexi screamed from the front seat surely driving as quickly as he could. Creed had his jacket covering some of me trying to keep me warm and awake. Being awake was easy, but not the warmth.

"Sasha, you owe me a beer." Lev hissed out from the row of seats in front of me.

"You best not die then."

"You either. We are blood brothers you said it yourself."

"My wound is that bad, huh?"

Creed said nothing as I looked at him. He just kept the pressure on my spine. It wasn't until I felt the SUV stop that I started to slip out of it. I felt my eyes close, and I forced them back open, But I wasn't in the car again. I was on my side looking at Alessio.

"Alessio stop his bleeding and keep pressure on the wound. Give him some blood, The chief is on his way. They have an ER on standby waiting for him."

I closed my eyes again. I just needed to sleep.