44 - Chapter Forty - Four - Lukas Black's Point Of View.

I walked past them fighting and just laid out on the couch in the living room. They didn't seven seem to notice me. Andrei was very clearly warning Alessio about the same guy Alexi had mentioned in his office. Alessio wasn't buying how dangerous this guy was said to be and told his father he would do what he wanted and no hitman for hire was going to change that. Whoever this Lev guy was, he really seemed to stir up the ranks around here.

"Lukas, please, side with me on this! Tell him he is being overdramatic and nothing at this point is more dangerous than the Ex-Fed." Alessio yelled, wanting me to agree with him.

"Sorry, Alessio, I like you, but I'm neutral air space here. "

"Lukas, He wants to lock us even further into this complex, not just me, you too, us."

"Alexi already warned me about Lev, I'll make my own judgements. Until then, I'm just going to relax."

Alessio looked at me, thinking about what I said and looked at his father again.

"I'm on Lukas side, I'll make my own judgements,"

"Lukas, look what you have done." Andrei groaned.

"Oh well," I said stretching out flat on my back looking up the ceiling.

"Lukas, this is hardly an oh well situation."

"I'm not worried, I have you to protect me. If I need it. "

"You have a lot more faith in me than I have in myself."

"Listen, How actually dangerous is this guy? Dad, Maddox is allowing him to come here, he can't be that dangerous."

"You clearly do not know how well Maddox plays this game, I can promise you, right now. Maddox is making sure Emerson and their child have twenty-four-seven protection when he can't be the one to protect them, Lev is dangerous, he is ruled by no one. He makes his own rules and those are the only ones that matter to him."

"So having dinner and a movie with him to make friends is out of the question?" I asked from the couch.

"Lukas. Now is not the time for this."

"Well, If I'm going to die, can I put in my request for some toe-curling sex."

"Lukas, go to bed. I'm not about to have this discussion with you." Andrei said, frowning at me.

"I'm not twelve you can't just put me—— hey, hold on. Don't get in my space. Hey! put me down!"

And like that, here I was being dropped on the bed.

"Hey! it's only four in the afternoon! You can't put me to bed without dinner." I hollered, staring up at the ceiling not even making a move from the bed. I could keep up with the conversation just as well in his bedroom.

"Exactly how old are you! Three?" Andrei snapped, I was clearly pushing it.

"I'm in my thirties. Thank you very much."

Annoyed, I rolled out of the bed and opened the closed door. Andrei was sitting at the table, still speaking with Alessio, now more quietly. I strolled right out of the bedroom and back into the living room and tossed myself back on the couch.

"Lukas you have to understand Lev is not someone to play games with."

"Then let me figure that out for myself, I can only end up dead once."

I heard Andrei sigh deeply, as he closed the laptop he had been in front of. He just sat there quietly, not saying anything. Almost like he was unsure what to say at that moment and it not only piqued my own interest but Alessio's too, who was watching his father closely.